Elle Jasper! I am so happy and excited to have her on my blog for a author spotlight today. She has also generously offered a sign copy of Afterlight for one lucky winner.
I have to tell you that Elle's book Afterlight is the best book I read in 2010 and continues to be number one this year. So, if you haven't read this book yet its a must for paranormal romance and urban fantasy fans.
1. I know you get asked this question over and over but can you tell us a little about yourself? Maybe something juicy. ;) Lol, I think I'm the most unjuciest person alive! I love to travel (Scotland, England, Wales my fave so far), I love to read (YA, anything Stephen King, horror), and I love photography (see my website--I have a photoshow of Riley's Savannah that I shot). I really want to go to Eastern Europe, especially Romania! I LOVE to bake and alter recipes. I write totally romantic ghost romance/mysteries under the pen name Cindy Miles! I'm a registered nurse. Ummm...see? No juice! Lol!
2. When did you first start writing? Are you a full time author or do you do it on the side? I started writing after I graduated college and started reading for pleasure again. I read, read, and read, until one day, THE VOICES BEGAN (lol!). I started thinking up plots/characters of my own. I searched
online for a writers group and discovered Romance Writers of America, and joined. I searched the Net a little more and found an online writer's critique group that I joined and found my best friend, author Kim Lenox! 7 years later I obtained an agent, and a year after that I sold my first book in 2006 to NAL under the pen name Cindy Miles. I write full time now, but still work part time as a cardiac nurse.
3. How long does it normally take you to write a average book? A good first draft usually takes me about 3 months. I write well under pressure though and I've written one in 17 days before. EEK!
4. Do you have any writing habits such as chocolate, wine, nights vs, days? I definitely am an early morning writer! Usually up at least by 5am, and try to wrap up for the day by 3 or 4, with breaks and stuff in between. :)
5. What do you think makes a story great? Fully fleshed out, 3-dimentional, believable characters you can connect with.
6. Can you describe your book "Afterlight" in one sentence? A hard-knock, rehabilitated tattoo artist delves into Savannah, Georgia's dark side into a world of vampires to save her baby brother from becoming one of the undead. Lol!
7. I don't love Urban Fantasy because of the lack of romance sometimes, but I loved your book and I thought you did a great job of keeping it hot. How are you planning to keep it hot in the future? Thank you so much! I prefer to have romance mixed in to almost everything I read, or watch on a movie, so as I was creating the Afterlight series I held on to a certain theme that I used with my Cindy Miles books--"soul mate". Riley and Eli are meant to be together!
8. There are so many questions about book #2 I want to ask but I know you can't answer so I'll try to keep it easy. When will book #2 be released? June 7, 2011! :) Just shy of 4 months away!
8. Will Riley and Eli remain the main characters? Yes--Riley and Eli will remain the main characters throughout the series as it is a continuation series, all told in Riley's voice.
9. Will Riley become a vampire? And what does the future hold for Riley's brother? Lol, now that can't give away! But I will say that Riley's brother will continue to play an intricate part in the series as well. I love Seth! (I used the adorable Logan Lerman as my "model" for Seth)
10. What else can you tell us? I love getting reader mail, so stop by my website, join my newsletter and get ready for some up-coming contests for the release of Everdark! Also, join me on Twitter and Facebook! And thanks so much for having me here!
In order to learn more about Elle and her series please check out her website and you can find links to twitter, her blog, facebook and you can sign up for her newsletter. Just Click Here .
THE WINNER OF A SIGNED COPY WILL BE DRAWN FROM A LIST OF COMMENTERS FROM THIS POST. US ONLY WINNERS WILL BE DRAWN ON 2/11/11.