Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lies (Phoenix Undercover #1) by C.A. Harms

Title: Lies
Series: Phoenix Undercover #1
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary Romance Suspense
Release Date: November 24, 2015
FBI Agent Joshua Phoenix goes undercover…Deep. 

Thrust into a world of drugs and criminal activity, integrating himself into the Russian Mafia turned out to be much more than Josh bargained for. 
It’s dark and it’s dangerous. 
The lives they destroy along the way will never be the same. 
The things he is forced to do will haunt him forever. 
Even more importantly, he never planned on meeting her… 
A chance encounter with Real Estate Agent Gabriella Shannon, has Josh questioning his ability to complete his mission. 
And now the dark world may consume them both. 
He’s in too deep. 
Leaving now would only risk the safety of those around him. 
But when his cover’s blown Josh is forced to make a decision that will reroute his future. 
One decision. 
The hardest decision he will ever have to make in his life. 
And those he meant to protect will be the ones who suffer the most…

“There are a few twists that were cleverly placed that even I didn't see coming and the ending WOW that ending will make you want to stalk the authors ass it's a whammy!!”~ ✨✨✨✨ 4 Star Review Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
“This is a great story and one I will continue to anxiously await the next releases. I love some mafia and murder … for sure love me some hot ass FBI agents. I cant wait to read on. There is much more suffering to be dealt out.” ~✨✨✨✨✨ Ramblings From Beneath the Sheets 5 Star Review
“OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!! This was the best book I have ever read in my life!!! CA went out of her comfort zone with this book. And she made a home run, Detective Joshua Phoenix is my frigging hero.”~ ✨✨✨✨✨ Goodreads Reviewer 5 Star Review
Placing my elbows at the edge of the countertop, I collapsed on the barstool, feeling exhausted. I had never been on a date where I felt like I needed a vacation only two hours in.
“What can I get ya?” the young guy behind the bar asked.

“A decoy, maybe a smoke bomb.” He looked at me in confusion. “Date from hell, dude. Ever had one of those moments where you’re wondering how the fuck you got yourself in such a mess?”

He chuckled and looked up over my shoulder.

“Oh.” He smirked and nodded. “Marissa.” 

The fact he knew her name made me cringe. I had a feeling this was worse than I had initially thought. “Oh fuck, what? She’s a stalker or some freaky chick that’s gonna claim we’re engaged? I’ll spend months getting her to leave me the fuck alone, won’t I?”

He handed me a beer and shook his head, chuckling to himself, then poured a shot of tequila and set it on the bar next to my beer. “You’re gonna need that.”

I let my head fall to my hands and grumbled as I mentally cussed out Greyson and myself for even showing up.

“Good luck, man.” 

I didn’t even lift my head. It was pointless; I knew he was eating this up. His laughter faded as he worked his way down the bar, serving others.

“I see you don’t suffer from coulrophobia,” came a soft whisper from my right.

I immediately lifted my head and was taken aback by the girl sitting at my side. How had I missed her?

Oh, I know, I’d had tunnel vision as I ran from Cruella toward my next drink.
“What?” I asked, yet all I could focus on was her piercing blue eyes. I had never seen eyes that blue before. 

“The fear of clowns,” she stated. “Coulrophobia.” 

I remained focused on her beauty, taking the time to look at each feature, wondering why in the hell she couldn’t have been the brunette from the coffee shop. My night would have been a whole hell of a lot better if she was in Marissa’s place.

I knew I was staring, but I couldn’t stop myself. She had mentioned something about clowns, but I was lost. I had no idea what she was talking about. My gaze fell to her plump, full lips, and I smirked. No red lipstick graced them. They held only a sheer film of shiny gloss, and I loved that she preferred the more natural look. When they curved upward in a smile, I didn’t feel even the slightest bit embarrassed that she knew I was checking her out so closely. 

When her eyes met mine, she nudged her head toward Marissa. “I was referring to your date. She kinda resembles a clown.”

I stared at her and could see she was fighting back her laughter. She lifted her drink to her lips and took a small sip before lowering it.

I could no longer hold back my own smile. “I fucking hate clowns.”

C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.
She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.

HOSTED BY:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs