Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Guest Post - Susan Mann

I was honoured to be asked to do a Guest Post for Danielle at Romance Book Junkies on her amazing blog. I normally blog over at SusanKMann which is my own blog, where I blog about my life as a mother of two gorgeous boys, being a wife, working, book reviews and my writing when I can. It’s a little varied to say the least. Come by for a visit sometime.
I thought I would write my guest post on one of my favourite book series, Of Witches and Warlocks by Lacey Weatherford.

Photobucket

Of Witches and Warlocks, is a series of books written by my favourite author Lacey Weatherford. She is an amazing and talented writer, not to mention a wonderful wife and fantastic mother to six, yes six children. How she finds the time to write as well I will never know, but I’m grateful she does.

Lacey has created a strong, role model worth, protagonist called Portia Mullins. Portia is an ordinary teenager, living an ordinary life until she reaches her sweet sixteen birthday. Instead of being given a dress or some frivolous gift, she is told she is a witch. A very powerful witch at that. She is a descendant form a long line of witches and warlocks on her father’s side.

Her Grandmother is the high priestess of a coven, in which she meets Vance Magnum. A leather clad, motorbike riding, bad boy. Who turns out to be her soul mate, they are destined to be together. But fate, throws a few spanners in the works.

The chemistry and romance is breathtakingly deep, as Portia struggles to balance love, life, magic, family and being a teenager.

There are currently three books in the series, with a fourth and potentially fifth still to come.
 Of Witches and Warlocks: The Trouble with SpellsThe Demon KissBlood of the White Witch

Book 1:- The Trouble with Spells – Is about Portia finding out she is a witch. Her struggles fitting in at school, becoming a witch and a new hot boyfriends, who’s past comes back to haunt him. Can love conquer all?

Book 2:- Demon Kiss - There was a lot more action in this book, which kept me gripped. I didn't want this book to end but the build-up, kept me reading on. There is laughter, friendship, love and tragedy in the book, there is something for everyone. And a gorgeous big diamond ring.

Book 3:- Blood of a White Witch – The majority of this book is set in Scotland, which is my homeland so I love it even more. Portia grows as a person in the book, her love for Vance grows and she realises, nothing or no-one will stop her from spending the rest of her life with him. Vance finds out more about his past, where he comes from and what he may become. No matter what life throws at him, his loyalty, strength and passion for Portia never falters.

I cannot recommend this series enough, if you love the paranormal like me and love romances then these books are for you.

My favourite quote from Vance to Portia; "You will never be my servant. We are partners, equal to one another in this relationship. I will never do anything to dominate you.” Now who wouldn't want this sensitive, motorbike riding, leather clad, and smoking hot demon.

Check out the Of Witches and Warlocks website for more details on the books. Or my blog has reviews of each of the published books.

Thank you Danielle for inviting me to your blog.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

WoW! Great Post! I haven't even heard of this series before. Will definitely be looking into it now!


My Booking It Through Thursday

SusanKMann said...

Thanks for having me Danielle. Love your blog x

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs