Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Review: "The Virtuoso"

"The Virtuoso"
Author: Grace Burrowes
Series: Duke's Obsession #3
Genre: Historical Romance
Pages: 416
ISBN: 9781402245701
Source: Publisher for review.
Published: November 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca





Goodreads Blurb:
The highly praised trilogy of Regency romances by award-winning author Grace Burrowes concludes with gifted pianist Valentine Windham, youngest son of the Duke of Moreland. Val retreats to the country after an injury robs him of his musical ability, only to learn from impoverished widow Ellen Markham that he can be loved even when his music falls silent.

My Review: 
This is book 3 in the Duke's Obsession series but it can be read as a stand alone. In fact I haven't read any of the other books in this series and I was very pleased with the whole book. It was a great story, a average historical romance. The story is about Ellen and Valentine. Ellen is recently widowed and now is somewhat under the control of her cousin Fredrick. Valentine is a musician who has come down with a condition causing him to lose the use of his hand preventing him from playing music among other things. Valentine ends up winning a home from Fredrick in a game of cards and this brings Ellen and Valentine together. Ellen is hesitant to have feelings for him because nothing but bad things have been happening to things and people she loves. Valentine finds that he also has nothing but bad things happening to the home he won and is trying to fix up so the book is definitely part mystery which I love. I think all good books need a great sub plot to it besides the actual love story. So the romantic development is slow  but sweet. I would have to say it was a page turner for me and I read through it very quickly. The author did a great job writing this book. She wrote some of the most vivid descriptions. I can even recall a scene where she is describing the gardens and I felt like I was there. I would definitely recommend this book to Historical Romance readers.

  


Overall Rating:

Sex Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs