Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Review: "Tracking the Tempest"

Author: Nicole Peeker
Series: Jane True #2
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 320
ISBN: 9780316056571

Rating: 3 stars

Goodreads Blurb:
Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and Ryu - Jane's bloodsucking boyfriend - can't let a major holiday go by without getting all gratuitous. An overwhelming dose of boyfriend interference and a last-minute ticket to Boston later, and Jane's life is thrown off course.

Ryu's well-intentioned plans create mayhem, and Jane winds up embroiled in an investigation involving a spree of gruesome killings. All the evidence points towards another Halfling, much to Jane's surprise... 


Darcy's Review:
This one would have rated higher for me but about a quarter of the way through I got irritated by Jane's little sex quips. One here or there would be ok, but one every 2 or 3 pages got old fast.

What I did like about this book was that Jane is growing, she is accepting her new world and trying to fit into it. As she learns more about the world she doesn't forget her human life, which comes in handy for her.

I loved how Jane acted with Ryu's co-workers, her reactions cracked me up, especially with Caleb and his lack of clothing. Julian was great too, he seemed so normal even though he lived his whole life in this supernatural world. After learning more about Con, I really felt sorry for him.

I did like Ryu the last book, thought he was good for Jane, but in this book I didn't care for him. He seemed to always want to own and control her. I did like the decision that Jane made at the end and do think it was the right one for her.

I also loved the end scene with her at the beach. I hope there is more of that person in the story in the future.


Review by Darcy at Goodreads
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs