Thursday, October 14, 2010

Review: "The Dark Highlander"

The Dark Highlander (The Highlander Series, Book 5)
"The Dark Highlander" by Karen Marie Moning
Series: Highlander #5
Genre: Paranormal, Time-Travel, Historical Romance
Pages: 370
ISBN: 9780440237556
Published: October 2002

Goodreads Blurb:
Journey to a world of ancient magic, breathtaking sensuality, thrilling time-travel.... Journey to the world of The Dark Highlander. Crisscrossing the continents and the centuries, here is a novel as gripping as it is sensual--an electrifying adventure that will leave you breathless....

I am Dageus MacKeltar, a man with one good conscience and thirteen bad ones, driven to sate my darkest desires…
From his penthouse lair high above Manhattan, Dageus looks out over a glittering city that calls to the darkness within him. A sixteenth-century Scot trapped between worlds, he is fighting a losing battle with the thirteen Druids who possess his soul, dooming him to an eternity of sexual pursuit. When Chloe Zanders, student of antiquities, is drawn into his world, she finds the insatiable alpha male an irresistible lure.Before long, she is caught up in an ancient prophecy that will sweep her back into time to medieval Scotland. Plunged into a world of timeless magic and dark seduction, she will soon face the challenge of a lifetime: fighting thirteen evil spirits for the heart of one irresistible man....


Darcy's Review:
I wasn't too sure about this book when I picked it up as I didn't really care for Dageus in the last book. But after getting to know him he was great fun to read about. I really liked Chloe too, her love of relics cracked me up as it sure gave Dageus a easy in with her. Their chemistry was explosive and I was glad when they both gave into it. I loved that we got to check in with all of the characters from the last book and that all of them were concerned about Dageus. With all that we learned in this book I can't wait to see what happens in the next ones.

This review was written by my friend Darcy at Goodreads.

4 Big

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs