Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review: "Loving Lies" by Lora Leigh

"Loving Lies"  
by Lora Leigh


Genre: Erotic Romance
Pages: 276
ISBN: 9781599981055
Published: June 2006

Goodreads Blurb:
Slade was Jessie’s life, the first love that filled her heart and soul and bound her woman’s spirit. Years of waiting culminating in an incredible weekend of sexual abandon—teaching her everything she needed to know to be his woman and branded her as Slade’s woman for life. Jessie was certain Slade had to love her.
Until he whispered the lie, the ultimate betrayal, and walked away only to wed another woman.
Now five years later Slade returns, his soul has withered without Jessie’s presence, and now he’ll have her, one way or the other. The love for her, the fierce overriding hunger and need consumes his heart and binds his soul. No matter the obstacles, Slade will get her back.
Whatever it takes.
Whatever he has to do.


Darcy's Review:
I liked this book, but I could see shades of other books that she wrote. I realize this is an older one, so maybe this was where she worked out ideas to make them better for later.

I did think that Slade was high handed, but it was very heart breaking when he had to say goodbye to Jessie. At times I really liked Jessie, especially in the beginning when she went after Slade no holds barred. But later when Slade came back I thought she was a little pathetic, living in his apartment not changing a thing, buying his trailer. I wish that she would have moved on more with her life and Slade would have had to do more to win her back.


This review was written by my friend Darcy at Goodreads.

3 Big

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs