Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bog Tour: "A Vampire's Deadly Delight" by Liv Rancourt


It’s not easy being gorgeous…and deadly…


After I dropped the bank deposit, I stopped at one of the mall’s two Starbuck’s locations to get some coffee. I really hoped that I’d reached my drama quotient for the day. I had plenty of customers and UPS brought a large-ish delivery I had to unpack. Herbert stayed hidden in his secret spider hideyhole, so I didn’t have him to impede me from getting things done. I was feeling pretty mellow—until I had to take out two vamps on my way home.

I was headed for the bus when I smelled the first one. He was strolling along pretending to shop while he looked for a meal. Could be he really was looking at the selection in the windows of Wilson’s Leather? Not. I ducked behind a big sign that showed a map of the mall. Jai came out dressed in a black cat suit with glossy CFM pumps.


I loved the outfit. It was always a thrill to move around in the stretchy black fabric and feel my bum up high and my thighs in tight. Oh yeah.

I coughed. Nothing. Glanced in the vampire’s direction. He saw me looking. I started walking slowly towards a dark corner. He was closing in. When he was nearly on me I turned to face him.

“Hey Junior, you’re crowding me,” I said, pulling my shoulders back. Yeah, he was checking out the merchandise. He closed the gap between us quicker than I could see.

“So pretty,” he said as he pulled me close.

His hands covered my breasts, finding nipple through the thin spandex. I always gave them a minute to play before Mr. Sticky, well, stuck. Guess I’m not above a cheap thrill. This one had long wavy black hair and the cutest little soul patch under his lip. He’d been young when he got turned, and he hadn’t been a vampire long. I leaned into him, gently biting his lower lip right above the little tuft of surprisingly soft hair.

It was sad, really.

He came in closer, aiming for my neck. Before he could sink his teeth in, I had the blade in my hand. Up, right, back. Mr. Sticky went through the vampire’s sternum like it was butter. Switch hands. Pull out the heart. Vampire dust. It was never very messy because their blood is thick and molasses dark. It tastes like moldy fruit. Don’t ask me how I know that.

There was just enough time for me to duck into a shadow before I turned back to Kristen.

Buy Links:



 
Liv Rancourt is a writer of speculative fiction and romance. She lives in Seattle with her husband, two teenagers, two cats and one wayward puppy. Writing stories that have happy endings is a good way to balance her work in the neonatal intensive care unit, and she is thrilled to be publishing her first novella with Black Opal Books. Liv can be found on-line at her website (www.livrancourt.com), her blog (www.liv-rancourt.blogspot.com), on Facebook (www.facebook.com/liv.rancourt), or on Twitter (www.twitter.com/LivRancourt). 

 Liv is giving away a ebook copy of her book to one lucky commenter.
1. This giveaway is International.
2. Just leave a meaningful comment with your email address.
3. Giveaway ends on Feb. 19th.
4. She is also giving away on her blog for the final stop, a copy of the original cover art work to one lucky winner. So don't forget to stop by her blog. www.liv-rancourt.blogspot.com

Don't forget to stop by the next blog on the tour here:  February 13 – Supernatural Bookworm http://angelgonemad.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to read this book. It sounds very good. I am a follower and email subscriber. Tore923@aol.com

Liv Rancourt said...

Thanks Tore! Appreciate the kind words. Good luck with the drawing.
Liv

desitheblonde said...

thanks for the hop and then i am going to say ilove the pages and then would love to read all books of yours

desi the blonde at msn dot com

Liv Rancourt said...

Thanks Desi. I'm glad you liked the excerpt. Good luck with the drawing.
Liv

shana said...

I don't usually read vampire books or watch the movies, but this one actually sounds good! I would give it to my cousin, but do think I'd read it first!
GFC under nineteen19
Google+ under shana williams

nineteen19 at blackfoot dot net
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs