Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Darcy's Review: "Trading Up" by Brindle Chase

"Trading Up"
by: Brindle Chase
Genre:   Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Pages:40
ISBN: 9781926930268
Source: From the Author in exchange for a honest review
Published: March 25, 2011 by Breathless Press
 
Goodreads Blurb: 
Heather adores her flighty sister's boyfriend, Mark. He's Mr. Right, and her sister is about to let him go. He's a catch, and Heather's only chance is to play out her sister's insane and wicked plan to switch in the dark. If she fails, she'll lose him to the throng of girls waiting in the wings. It's a winner takes all arena and seduction is the game.

Darcy's Review:
I found that this story hit some buttons for me when reading it. Theresa, currently dating Mark, but getting bored and wants to break up with him. Heather, her sister, has had a secret crush on Mark after meeting him. Theresa, knowing herself, Mark, and Heather realizes that Heather and Mark would be perfect together, comes up with a Lucy and Ethel worthy plan, to see that they end up that way.

This is where the story hits my buttons. I am ok with the sisters talking about the men in their lives. Where I am skeeved out is when Theresa tells Heather exactly what will get Mark going and encouraging a switch between the women, with Mark thinking he is having sex with Theresa, but it is really Heather. The potential for things to go wrong with this plan was so high I almost didn't want to read it, but I had too just to see how it was going to play out.

I will say that once I could just let go of those personal issues I had with the story, it was good, with some really hot sex scenes. I loved that Mark knew when he meet Heather he was dating the wrong sister, but couldn't do anything about it.

In the end things ended on a good note and everyone was happy. Although I do wonder how they all are going to explain things to the girls' parents and friends.

* I would like to thank the author for providing a copy of the story for an honest review.


Overall rating:  


1 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I will read it soon, but perhaps it can jump a few books in the TBR pile now :)

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs