The ladies at Bitten by Paranormal Romance came up with this great idea of doing a educational blog hop about what a 3 star rating means to us then on March 30th we are going to have some authors on our blogs talking about what they think about receiving a 3 star rating. I thought this could be a lot of fun and clear up a lot of concerns people have about the 3 star rating so I decided to participate and I hope you will participate as well. I currently have the flu so my post won't be all that I really wanted it to be but I'm going to give it my best shot.
What do I think about when giving a 3 star rating?
1. On my blog I have my 3 star rating described as a enjoyable read, an average book.
2. I consider a 3 star rating to be a good rating.
3. This is a book that I enjoyed to read and I think the author did a good job with the plot and character development with no large flaws.
4. This is a book that I didn't find to be boring or slow at any parts at all but it wasn't necessarily a page turner either.
5. A average book is a good read worth your time but nothing really amazing.
6. A book I give a 3 star rating is one that I would recommend to fans of that genre but not something I would go around advertising to everyone.
7. If I give a 3 star rating to a book I would hope that my readers would seriously consider reading it sometime if it's subject matter is something their interested in from reading the blurb.
And on that note I would like you to tell me in the comments whether or not you consider reading a book I've rated a 3.
Don't forget to hop around to the other blogs participating in the hop to see what they think about when giving a 3 star rating and come back tomorrow and see what our authors think about receiving a 3 star rating.