Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Interview: "Rise of Hope" by Kaily Hart

I happy to have Kaily Hart on my blog today for an interview and to tell us a little about her book "Rise of Hope". So lets welcome Kaily to the Romance Book Junkies.

I know you get asked this question over and over but can you tell us a little about yourself? Maybe something juicy. ;)

OK, I have my standard Bio of course (which isn’t that standard), so let’s do something more interesting. 5 random things about me:

·         I was married wearing pants. Yep. I’m that romantic. And unconventional.
·         2 of my children are identical twins. I have my very own scientific experiment right at home.
·         I’m married to my high school sweetheart. Do I get an “awwwww”?
·         I was a girl scout.
·         I can burp the alphabet! No, not really, but I’ve always wanted to.

Mmmm, juicy? I once took all my clothes off at a hotel in Bali, Indonesia and jumped in the pool. What? I was hot. Of course, if anyone asks me… I was. Never. There J.

When did you first start writing? Are you a full time author or do you do it on the side?

When did I start to write? Um…what time is it? LOL. Seriously, I haven’t been writing all that long. I’m not one of those authors who knew they always wanted to be a writer. In fact, I did a business degree and worked in the IT industry for the majority of my working life. Talk about a 180, right? I began really writing at the beginning of 2009, seriously pursuing publication. And now I write full-time! Thanks career number one!

Do you have a author that has really inspired you?

Not particularly. Not like that, although there are a number of authors who are ‘auto-buys’ for me. I’m loving Jill Shalvis at the moment. I love her male POV and the dialogue is awesome. I also just recently read the first book in Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series. Whew. The world building is…startling. In an exceptional way.

What really inspires me is everything around me. People. Places. Things I see. Things I hear, even snippets of conversation. I love to eavesdrop. And for anyone who knows me? Anything you say can and probably will be used in a book some day!

How long does it normally take you to write an average book or your last book?

This is probably the hardest question I get asked. And it’s hard to nail down when a book is “written”. After that first draft, there’s refinement, then edits with an editor, which can be several round, focusing on different things each time. For me, I don’t have a set time in which I write a book. A story is done when it’s done.

What do you think makes a story great?

Relatable characters where every scene propels the story forward. My pet peeve is sections of a book that don’t seem to really serve a purpose and I’m not a big fan of masses amounts of description in writing. I think it’s cool when there’s just enough for the reader to use their own imagination to fill in the details.

Can you describe your book "Rise of Hope" in one sentence?

Mmm. A unique, hot, emotional paranormal romance where it’s life or death, all or nothing and the hero will do anything for his heroine. Sigh…

The Fabric of Fate series has an overall story arc that deals with a secret race of humans called the Vadïm whose history and culture has been systematically targeted and destroyed and their very existence is now at risk. The arc deals with reignited hope, regained trust, newfound loyalty, reestablished glory and redemption, the overriding themes for each of the books. Each book showcases a “fated” pair and their relationship, grappling with who and what they as they join the fight to save their race.

Have you done lots of research for your books or do the stories just come to you?

Depends what you mean by ‘research’ *wink, wink* LOL. Seriously, for my contemporary romances I’ve had to do little research. I’ve been fortunate in that I’ve lived in many incredible cities and places and I’ve travelled extensively. For my paranormal stories, I have a bit more leeway. I get to make the rules of the world although you still need to make sure everything consistently hangs together! What did authors do before the Internet, right?

My stories just pretty much come to me. Generally, it’s a character first. Once they’re concrete in my mind, they start telling me their story. I know. Writers sound insane LOL.

What are you currently working on?

Gosh, a lot of things. I have no shortage of ideas and I have an idea folder that’s figuratively bulging. I’m currently working on edits for Book 2 in the Fabric of Fate series (RENEWAL OF TRUST), which comes out March, 2013. I’m also working on a couple of hot and steamy contemporary romances as well. Stay tuned.

Can you tell us about some of your prior achievements?

Um, I won a ladies razor in a magazine competition once? That’s probably not what you meant, huh? I have four kids. To date nothing competes with that. I am super mom!

Is there anything that I didn't cover that you would like to talk about or say to your potential readers?

Just that…it’s all about the reader for me. I strive to write the best book I can, to deliver a story readers will think about long after it’s done, to create heroes that are to die for and to generate those ‘belly tugs’ you get when you read a really good, really hot, emotional story ;).

Just for fun:
Hardback or Paperback?  Paperback! Hardcovers are too expensive, too big and too heavy, although I don’t buy many paperbacks these days either.
Dog ears or Bookmarks?  I can never keep track of bookmarks. I like my books to look a little messed up and well-used. Kind of like guys
J. Oops. Did I say that out loud?
YA novels or Adult novels? I read mostly adult, but do enjoy a good YA occasionally.
Library or Bookstore?  Bookstore. The quietness in a library is just too eerie for me.
Reading glasses or No glasses?  I don’t need reading glasses. Yet!
Snack while reading or No snacks? No snacks. Crumbs in the keyboard are gross.
Beach or Mountain?  While I love the beach, I don’t have to wear a swimsuit to the mountains. Do I?.
Vampire or Werewolf? Depends on the guy. Totally.
Hot or Flirty? Oh, hot. All the way! HOT.
Movie 1st or Book 1st? Depends on my mood. And the book. And who’s in the movie. And… Oh, I have no clue! Next?
Contemporary or Historical? I lean more towards contemporary. I just love being in the male POV of a good contemporary book.
Page-Turner or Tear Jerker? I try to stay away from the tear jerkers, although if it’s got a definite Happily Ever After, I might give it a try. There’s enough reality in reality, you know?

 A secret ancient race of humans with fantastical abilities, the Vadïm are on the brink of extinction. Many of their women are imprisoned by an organization known as The Assembly, their history all but lost . . .

Devon Monroe has been a prisoner her entire life. She’s determined to make sense of the strange markings on her body, to learn why no one may touch her, to find where she belongs. That means escaping into the unknown, where she has no choice but to trust her self-appointed protector.

Soldier for hire Seth Eastman has a job to do: deliver Devon to safety. When Seth discovers the markings on Devon’s body, he’s stunned at what it means. And at how she awakens his long-suppressed needs. As they struggle to escape detection and search for the truth of the Vadïm, can he ever hope to claim her for his own?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs