Monday, February 18, 2013

Review My Familiar Stranger (The Order of the Black Swan #1) By Victoria Danann


"My Familiar Stranger"
Author: Victoria Danann
Genre: Paaranormal Romance
Pages: 330
Source: Author in exchange for a honest review.
Published: April 21, 2012
Author's Website: http://www.victoriadanann.com

Buy Links: Amazon

Goodreads Blurb: A SECRET SOCIETY, MODERN DAY KNIGHTS, AND VAMPIRE LIKE NO OTHER come together in a dimension where chance intersects romance for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure proving that true love can find you in the strangest places, even far, far from home.

Minutes ahead of inevitable assassination, Elora Laiken is forcibly transported to an alternate dimension similar, but not identical, to her own. She is stranded. Alone. Far from home. A stranger in a "strangish" land. Of course a girl could suffer worse problems than having gorgeous suitors. Perhaps more importantly, in the midst of an epidemic of vampire related abductions, can she stay alive long enough to choose between an honor debt, true love, or the breathlessness of single-minded passion?

My Familiar Stranger is a full length, stand-alone, Paranormal/Fantasy Romance novel that also sets up the foundation for the Black Swan series. It is loved by fans of paranormal romance, fantasy romance, and urban fantasy.


My Review: I had a lot of fun reading this book. My Familiar Stranger is very exciting, realistic, emotional, romantic, funny, scary and adventurous. It is an amazing new world with characters that are just as amazing. I feel that any fan of the genre with definitely enjoy an escape with it more than once :)

Elora was literally THRUST, thrown into a new world, a start to a new life, just so she’d be safe, and stay alive. She goes through a tremendous amount of pain and agony. Not just physical, but emotional as well. Luckily she’s one amazingly strong and determined woman that can easily adapt to new surroundings. Actually so much so, she blows the minds of practically everyone she meets (in a great, positive way), yes indeed many jaws drop from the surprises Elora beholds.

Elora meets many new friends, finds great purpose and meets some very alluring male specimen (possible love interests and each very intriguing). Which quickly becomes a love triangle of very difficult choices, in the end, the perfect decision is made and fate comes through at its finest.

A 4.5 out of 5 rating for me (nicely rounded to a solid 5). My reason for not giving a complete 5 rating is the transitioning of POV’s. I found myself not knowing who was speaking or thinking a few times and had to go back a few lines to make sure of the who. It was still an amazing and very entertaining story that I see myself (and many others) marking to be read again and again. I look forward to what’s to behold in the next of the series and how the Order of the Black Swan will conquer the evil that lurks and to seeing how strong relationships and bonds will build.



Overall Rating:


Sex Rating:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs