Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review Wounded by Jasinda Wilder


"Wounded"
Author: Jasinda Wilder
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 277
Source: Author in exchange for a honest review.
Published: December 16, 2012
Author's Website: http://www.jasindawilder.com

Buy Links: Amazon B&N


Goodreads Blurb: War has taken everything from me. My family. My home. My innocence. In a country blasted by war and wracked by economic hardship, a young orphan girl like me has very few options when it comes to survival. Thus, I do what I must to live, to eat, and I try very hard to not consider the cost to my soul. My heart is empty, and my existence brutal.

The one impossibility in my life is love.

And then I meet HIM.

War is hell. It takes a chunk out of a man's very soul to do the kinds of things war demands of you. You live with fear, you live with guilt, and you live with nightmares. If you haven't been through it, there's no understanding it. War leaves no room for love, no room for tenderness or softness. You gotta be hard, closed off, and ready to fight every moment of every day. Lose focus for a split second, and you're dead.

Now the only thing that can save me is HER.


My Review: A wonderfully written, deeply emotional, gripping and exciting story that is sure to grab any reader’s attention that are a fan of the genre. This story touches very deep into the soul of the characters and the author made sure you feel each and every emotion depicted on the page. A 4.5 rounded to a 5 rating, a definite reread for me.

SHE has had a horrific life. Losing everything thing when she did not have much to begin with. But she is very strong and determined to survive and does what she has to do to live. Even if it means using the only thing she has, her body. No matter how wrong it feels and how much she despises herself afterward. 

HE is a strong, brave and warm hearted man that just wants what anyone with a true heart desires, true love. He thinks he has it with his longtime girlfriend, but has many doubts. His instincts are telling him it is love, but not its truest form. It’s difficult for him going to war and holding a relationship, not knowing what's going on when he's gone. Fate definitely has its eyes set on him ;)

I love a story with different points of view and they were perfect in here. You got to actually FEEL and understand where the two main characters where coming from, their thoughts and feelings. I’d love to see more of HIM & HER. There are two very extraordinary people. 




Overall Rating:



Sex Rating:






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the review. <3

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs