Saturday, October 2, 2010

Review: "Alpha"

"Alpha" 
by Rachel Vincent
Series: Shifters #6
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 472
ISBN: 9780778328186
Author's website: http://rachelvincent.com/index.htm
Published: October 1, 2010

Goodreads Blurb:
The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.
It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.
But life never waits until you're ready.

My Review:
This is going to be a tough book to review without spoiling things, but I can say that I am happy with the way things were resolved. Faythe really steps up to the plate and does what needs to be done, even in the face of great personal sorrow, personal indecision, and being overwhelmed at every turn.

It also seemed like there were battles around every corner, each one showing the strengths of the cats and also the weaknesses. We got to see characters from the past, some coming in right at the perfect moment. We also got to see different characters finally make a stand, one that made us love them more or not quite hate them so much. And as with real life, not everything that happens is rainbows and butterflies, bad things do happen, and they happen often, causing the group to retreat and come back with a new plan. But it is with each retreat and comeback that as a group they grow stronger and in the end you wish you were a part of this pride even with the issues that still face them.

I am sad that this series is over, it seems like there is much more to this world, but I guess we should just be happy that we got to spend anytime at all in this world.
This review was written by my friend Darcy at Goodreads.

SS: 4 Stars Pictures, Images and Photos

 

1 comments:

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

I can't wait to read this! I absolutely love this series.

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs