Saturday, October 2, 2010

Review: "Kiss of the Highlander"

"Kiss of The Highlander" 
by Karen Moning
Series: Highlander #4
Genre:Time-Travel Romance
Pages: 416
ISBN: 9780440236559 
Author's website: www.karenmoning.com
Published: May 2008

Goodreads Blurb:
Enchanted by a powerful spell, Highland laird Drustan MacKeltar slumbered for nearly five centuries hidden deep in a cave, until an unlikely savior awakened him. The enticing lass who dressed and spoke like no woman he’d ever known was from his distant future, where crumbled ruins were all that remained of his vanished world. Drustan knew he had to return to his own century if he was to save his people from a terrible fate. And he needed the bewitching woman by his side....
A woman changed forever in his arms...
Gwen Cassidy had come to Scotland to shake up her humdrum life and, just maybe, meet a man. How could she have known that a tumble down a Highland ravine would send her plunging into an underground cavern — to land atop the most devastatingly seductive man she’d ever seen? Or that once he’d kissed her, he wouldn’t let her go?
Bound to Drustan by a passion stronger than time, Gwen is swept back to sixteenth-century Scotland, where a treacherous enemy plots against them ... and where a warrior with the power to change history will defy time itself for the woman he loves....

My Review:
Finally I get why people love this series. Gwen and Drustan were so great together. Their fighting back and forth at the beginning was fun to watch, along with them both fighting their attraction. I felt like crying with Gwen when things started to happen and all of a sudden Drustan vehemently said that he didn't remember her and that he could not have caused what happened to her. The next part in the book again had me laughing as Gwen stalked Drustan, willing him to remember her and all that had happened to them. When he finally did remember it was in the sweetest scene that I have seen in a long time. I also loved the parallel story with Drustan's dad and Nell. The ending was just great. When Gwen meet people that were so familiar to her and started again on a strange journey I wasn't sure what to think, but quickly realized what was going to happen and was very happy to be right.

I can't wait to get my hands on the next book.
 
This review was written by my friend Darcy at Goodreads.
 
SS: 4 Stars Pictures, Images and Photos


1 comments:

Danny said...

Yes!! I absolutely LOVE the Highlander series but I have to agree with you with the 4th book I finally got the hype. The first three were nice but nothing that would hold my captive. This changed with book 4, but also because the McKeltar's play an important role in her Fever series.

Oh and I'm not tired to say I ADORE and I'm obsessed with her Fever series!

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs