Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guest Post and Review: "Waterfall" by Lacy Danes




Thank you so much for having me here as I promote my new release Waterfall, Dragon’s Fate Book 1.

Returning to writing after a two year break.

Seeing this is my re-debut to being a published author, I thought it would be good to talk about a bit of my journey and what is different this time round.

For me, my first path to being a published author was not all that long.  I stared writing in 2004 and sold to Kensington in 2005.  This was both a great thing, and a bad thing.  Bad because I didn’t understand what it actually took to be a successful author. I knew I needed to write a good story, but there was a lot more to it. 

There was promotion.
There are support groups.
There are critique partners that you have to feel out like lovers to see if they fit.
There is networking and social networks.
There is advertising for websites, magazines, libraries, and blogs.

Wow.

All of that is a full time job in itself. 

I was a single mom when I took on writing that first time, so ,when the kids were with their dad, I wrote.  When the kids were at preschool, I wrote.  But, when I started a full time day job to help with the bills. I struggled. 
I struggled to make my writing deadlines.
I struggled to promote.

I did write.
I did promote.
But, my writing and promotion became sporadic. 

I found I could not be a single mom, supporting my family, and write on a deadline. It was impossible. 

In the end, it worked out that it was better to take a break from writing to concentrate on life, love, family, and financial survival.


Coming back to writing after finding my soul mate and moving to a new state has been similar, but different.

I still have the demanding Information Technology day job at a major company.
I still have kids in elementary school.
I once again write when the kids are with their dad.
I write when my husband is traveling and I am not working 14+ hours at my day job.

I still wish all I did was write.

The things that are different after two years off are; promotion has completely changed.  More authors self publish now than they did before and many who publish now are also social network gods.

I am not a social network god, because I am so busy with life, work, family, and love.  

The other thing that has changed is the use of editors before submitting to your editor or publishing on your own.   Many I know use not only, critique partners and beta readers, but hire an independent copy editor and an Oops editor before releasing/submitting.

I have tested the water with some of the new changes.  I am eager to see what they add and bring to being an author.

All I can say is I am delighted to be back. Grin.

The next Dragon’s Fate novella is coming mid year 2013.


Oh and If you have not heard yet I am doing a drawing at the end of January for some cool items.  So please stop by my blog and comment/sign up to be included.

Enjoy!
Lacy.


Waterfall
A Dragon’s Fate Novella, Book 1
Lacy Danes

Genre: Romance, Alternate Worlds, Paranormal, Steamy/Erotic

Publisher: Samhain Publishing

Number of pages: 138
Word Count: 38K

Cover Artist: Kanaza    http://www.kanaxa.com/

Book Description:

It’s easy to fall in love. Destiny requires tooth and claw.

Curses are designed to be cruel, but the one afflicting Jordan and his brothers  is almost beyond bearing. A dragon born by blood magic, he is an immortal  trapped in human form, with only one hope of finding his eternal mate. He must  bite her—and pray she lives.

One dark night, he senses the wounded heartbeat of a woman in the shadows, begging him to end her life. Ever the gentleman, he chivalrously obliges her wish. Only to discover three days later that she lives. And has married another.

Celeste always dreamed of marrying for love, but the nightmare of living in her father’s home drives her to wed the Duke of Hudson. Yet on her wedding eve, she is compelled to follow a mysterious man who professes to know her secret. A man with curious blue scales on his muscular arms—whose shadowed eyes reflect a dangerous mix of destiny and desire…

Warning: This novel contains explicit sex, sex in water, four super-hot dragon brothers, and a curse born from magical power that has left them wondering who they are all their lives.


Lacy Danes made a New Year's resolution to write a hot, historical romance.

A year and a half later, she achieved her goal. She lives in Portland, Oregon, where besides writing she enjoys playing cards, chasing her kids around, and savoring a great martini with the man of her dreams all while watching the world go by.

Visit Lacy at her web site. www.LacyDanes.com




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs