Monday, January 14, 2013

Guest Post: Jenna Jacob author of "Embracing My Submission"



Hello everybody! I’d like to extend a huge THANK YOU to Romance Book Junkies for inviting me today. I’m totally thrilled to be here! *Huge Grin*

I know many of you have no idea who I am. I’m Jenna Jacob and I write BDSM Erotic Romance stories. I’ve got two books published, so far; Embracing My Submission the first in The Doms of Genesis Series, and another book I co-authored with the talented Shayla Black and Isabella LaPearl, titled One Dom To Love. It’s the first book in The Doms Of Her Life Series. Yes, I’m writing two series’ at the same time. Why not? *Grin*

I’ve been asked to share why I wrote Embracing My Submission. What inspired me to write Juliette aka: Emerald’s story?
It started off innocently enough. I was sitting with a group of submissives and we were having a deep, soulful discussion about the lifestyle and the various aspects of Dominance, submission, Master and slave. One of my friends began explaining how desperately she wanted to live her submission 24/7. But for personal reasons, which I won’t divulge, it was impossible for her to do so. Several other subs voiced their desire for the very same thing.
The conversation continued on and some commiserated about how their day-to-day responsibilities sometimes stole parts of their submission. They had to dispense too much control at work or with their children and missed the feeling of being under their Dominant’s thumb. One submissive worried that she was so far from her submissive place, and she wouldn’t find her way back. We all did our best to reassure her that wouldn’t happen. She had an excellent Dom who would no doubt, put her back on track. She was dealing with an overabundance of stress. She felt overwhelmed and frustrated.
THAT’S when the proverbial light bulb went off in my head.
I sat there thinking – what would it be like to lose your submission? Or better yet, think you’d lost it only to discover it really had been there; buried beneath layers of self-doubt and maybe a series of unfortunate events. The wheels started turning and it wasn’t long before the whole story unfolded in my mind. 

I hope you get a chance to read Embracing My Submission. And I really hope you enjoy accompanying Julianna/Emerald on her journey of self-discovery.
    
Thank you so much for allowing me to share why I wrote the story. *Huge Grin*

 Haunted for years by dreams of a savage, amber eyed Dominant with lips so enticing my soul ached in frustration and lust. None of the Dominants at Genesis, my local BDSM club ever stirred me in such blistering ways. While I tried to fill my submissive desires vicariously through interactions at the club, I attempted to convince myself it was enough. But it wasn’t. My dream Dom made certain I hungered for more.

Forced beyond what I could bear, my passion and frustration exploded. I threw in the towel, determined to stop chasing a dream and gave up completely on finding submissive surrender. But fate intervened when two gunshots split the night. Forced to confront my desires and insecurities, I was shocked to realize that my dreams may have held a deeper meaning. Were they compelling me to finally embrace my submission?


1 comments:

michele said...

Hi Jenna,

Very excited to read your book, have read awesome reviews on it and ONE DOM TO LOVE was AWESOME!!!

Keep up the great work :)

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs