Sunday, December 23, 2012

Guest Post: :Daughter of the Earth and Sky" by Kaitlin Bevis

I love to welcome Kaitlin Bevis to Romance Book Junkies. She's here sharing a guest post and promoting her book "Daughter of the Earth and Sky".



Happy Release Day!

            Today my second novel, "Daughter of the Earth and Sky," comes out. "Daughter of the Earth and Sky" is a sequel to the young adult novel, Persephone. In celebration, I'm giving away a copy of both books!

            Writing a book is a fun process. So is editing, to a point. I love writing. But the real editing starts when it gets in the hands of publisher. In less than three months, the novel goes through two rounds of copy edits and one round of content edits.

            Content edits are when my editor goes through and reads the story checking for places where more or less explanation is needed and looking for errors in consistency. My editor recommends changes, I go through and make them, then I read through the whole story looking for other places to make improvements and to make sure the new changes flow. Then I do it all over again.

            Copy edits are more for grammar and word choice. So for that one it's best to read through the story out loud to catch any mistakes. My husband was kind enough to listen so I had another pair of ears listening for any places I stumble over. Have I mentioned I love my husband? My three year old listens too, and tries to help. But her suggestions tend to be more along the lines of "more chocolate milk."

            It's a good thing I like my book. I hope you do to.

 Some vows can never be broken.

Persephone thought she could go back to her normal life after returning from the Underworld. She was wrong.
The goddess Aphrodite is born among the waves with more charm than she can control. Zeus is stalking Persephone and her loved ones, and Thanatos is no longer content with Persephone’s silence.

He wants her soul.

Persephone can’t tell anyone about Thanatos’ betrayal, and it drives a wedge between her and Hades. Her mother is still keeping secrets, and Melissa’s jealousy of Aphrodite threatens to tear their friendship apart.
Alone, Persephone turns to a human boy for comfort. But will their relationship put him in danger?
Sacrifices must be made, and Persephone must choose between her human life and her responsibilities as a goddess. If she doesn’t, she could lose them both.
But will either life be worth choosing once Zeus is through with her?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs