Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book Tour: "Good Vibrations" by KT Grant

Thank you KT for stopping by Romance Book Junkies on your book tour for "Good Vibrations". KT has written a guest post about her writing and a excerpt.


When I heard my publisher, Decadent Publishing (http://www.decadentpublishing.com/) was starting the Edge (http://thedecadentedge.blogspot.com/), a new line of short erotic stories, I just had to write something. This was an exercise for me because one of the reasons was trying to write a short story within a specific word count. The Edge line stories are under 7,000 words. For some writers, that shouldn’t be a problem, but for myself it was more difficult because since I’ve been published (my 2 year anniversary as a published author is this June) I now write much longer stories. Writing something in a specific word count range can be hard for me.
When I first started writing, I could only write short stories that are known better as novellas. A full length story is usually 300 pages, near 80,000 words. My average was between 30,000-40,000 words or under 150 pages. I never thought I had it in me to write longer stories. But from writing more and evolving my characters and plots, I found myself increasing my word count. Soon I was averaging 50,000 or more words a story. When I was asked to write something for the Edge line, and it had to be around 5,000 words, I was worried I would go way over the word count.
Surprisingly I was able to stick to the word count expected, and my 5,000 word short story became Good Vibrations, a steamy tale about a woman, her roommate and their vibrators. A spicy short with some hot and heavy passion on the pages, but just enough to create a well balanced and believable story about two people falling in love with some help from their B.O.B- battery operated boyfriends.
Some readers prefer longer stories, but something like Good Vibrations might just be what you need to whet your appetite.
Are you a fan of short stories or novellas? If so which ones have been your favorite reads?

 
KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. Under her alter-ego, she is a well-known book reviewer and blogger who doesn't shy away from voicing her opinion. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and known for writing "out of the box" romances. KT has been mentioned in the Guardian.UK, Publisher's Weekly's Beyond the Book and at Bookseller.com. KT is a top ten best-selling  author at Amazon, as well as being a multiple All Romance Ebooks best seller and a Night Owl Reviews Top Author Pick.

You can find KT searching for her own good vibrations at:
Her website: http://ktgrant.com



Good Vibrations Blurb: Jerri can’t sleep at night. Every night she hears Krysta pleasure herself with her vibrator in her bedroom. Jerri wants to be the one to help Krysta find satisfaction and much more.

Then one night Jerri’s jealousy gets the best of her and she confronts Krysta. She’ll prove to her that something like a vibrator can’t give her satisfaction, and only a flesh and blood woman like herself can.

 
“I’m calling bullshit on that lame ass excuse.” Krysta shook her head. “You’re upset I was flirting with another woman? You were doing the same exact thing with Casey. You kissed him first! Now we’re even and we can put this whole night behind us.”
“Argh!” Jerri yanked on her hair. “Even? How are we even? I’m sick of you flaunting yourself around acting like you’re the shit. It’s bad enough I can’t sleep at night with you using your vibrator, keeping me up at all hours and getting me turned on.” Her heaving chest and angry pants cut off her breath.
Krysta stared at her, red faced. “You listen to me masturbating every night? That’s… sick.”
“Sick?” Irate, she jabbed her finger into Krysta’s chest. “You know what’s sick? Using an inanimate object to get you off when you have a living, breathing person here who would be more than willing to do that.”
Her eyes widened. “I know what you did in the bathroom last night.”
“Yeah so?” she spat, curling her fingers into the front of Krysta’s T-shirt. “I went ahead and fucked myself with my own dildo because all I wanted to do was storm into your bedroom and make you scream out my name as you came.”
“I think we should forget this conversation ever happened and just go to bed—”
“Fuck this. I’m done arguing with you.” She twisted her hands into Krysta’s hair, taking her mouth in a hard kiss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs