Sunday, May 6, 2012

Review: "First Drop of Crimsom" by Jeaniene Frost

"First Drop of Crimson"
Author:Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress World #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 371
Author's Website: http://www.jeanienefrost.com/
Source: Out of my own collection.
Published: February 9, 2010 byAvon

Goodreads Blurb:
The night is not safe for mortals. Denise MacGregor knows all too well what lurks in the shadows - her best friend is half-vampire Cat Crawfield - and she has already lost more than the average human could bear. But her family's dark past is wrapped in secrets and shrouded in darkness - and a demon shapeshifter has marked Denise as prey. Now her survival depends on an immortal who craves a taste of her.

He is Spade, a powerful, mysterious vampire who has walked the earth for centuries and is now duty-bound to protect this endangered, alluring human - even if it means destroying his own kind. Denise may arouse his deepest hungers, but Spade knows he must fight his urge to have her as they face the demon nightmare together...

Because once the first drop of crimson falls, they will both be lost.



My Review:
Right off the bat I want to say that this is a fantastic book to  read and if you haven
t read it yet what are you waiting for? Denise is a great friend that would do anything for them making her a  overall good person. She's very caring. Unfortunately in the past her husband is killed during a vampire battle that he went up to help and left her in the basement and she let him go so now she blames herself and feels guilty even years later. She feels like she was a coward and if he died they both should have died. Spade, our hero, is a vampire and a friend of a close friend of Denise. Well when Denise runs into some trouble with  a demon that's killing off her family members one by one she runs to Spade for help trying to keep her close friends out of it. He being the nice guy he is offers to help not knowing what all he's getting himself into.
Their romantic development is slow in the beginning because her fear of the vampire world now and all she can think about is the safety of her family. Spade on the other hand begins to burn for her and is trying to attract her which isn't usually hard for him so he decides as they investigate they'll pretend their dating so no one is suspicious.  
The plot was perfectly executed from beginning to end. This is by far a page turner with all the action and mystery going on.I only wish I had read the Cat and Bones series first because their mentioned so many times I felt like I could be missing something. Don't get me wrong though this is definitely a stand a lone book. 
I absolutely feel in love with the characters and can't wait to read the rest of the series and the Cat and Bones series. I would think that anyone would love this book but to be series paranormal romance fans would be the target audience. The authors writing was excellent she gave great descriptions with lots of actions and emotions going on all at once/
Yes, yes and double yes I would recommend this book to paranormal romance fans and even urban fantasy fans. I hope you get a chance to pick this book up. I'm glad I did. 
  


Overall Rating:

Sex Rating:


This review was done in part for the Authors After Dark Reading Challenge.





1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just started listening to this on my morning walks....love it so far..:D Great review!

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs