Monday, March 11, 2013

Interview: "Wunder" by A.R. Von




When did you first start writing? I’ve always loved writing from when I was young; even just jotting down non sense that popped into my head or thoughts of my day (or a boy crush) in my journal. I wrote poems for my mother every chance I had. I don’t recall if they were all that great. I do remember most of them based on the rhythm of “Roses are red…” lol- What brought me to bring Wunder to life was a ‘request’ for writers to submit a zombie story for an anthology on Halloween, it caught my eye and had me thinking. I LOVE scary movies and always had fun watching zombies dragging their feet letting us know they wanted “BRAINS”. I did not want to go that way though. Not everyone enjoys gore like I do. I needed to do something different, that I've never seen, heard of or read. So I wrote Wunder (Originally titled “Because I Am”). I had it sitting around on my desk; just staring at me for some months and finally an author friend of mine (the one and only Leanore Elliot) pushed me, really hard. She told me it was really good and to put it out there and share it with everyone. Now here it is. 

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be? Not really. While I did/do enjoy it. I always CRAVED excitement and wanted to join the Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard or become a police officer. I’m a total adrenaline junkie.

Do you have an author that has really inspired you? No ONE author, but MANY J


What genre do you prefer to work within? Or do you mix it up?    I mix it up. Variety is the spice of life!



How long does it normally take you to write an average book or your last book? I only have 3 completed pieces, one published. The shortest took 2 days, the longest 3 months (so far).

What do you think makes a story great? Great characters, enjoyable and original story line and a hunk or two helps *wink*

Can you describe your book "Wunder" in one sentence? It’s different, hot, action packed and fun.

Tell us a little about where you’re going with the new series. I’m going back to before Wunder and Pete met and the very first time they saw one another by writing a prequel. I want to give more insight on the two of their characters and a bit more build. I’m also writing the second portion of Wunder which I’m hoping to give more insight on


Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? i.e. You listen to music, sit in a certain chair? I always have the music on (full blast actually). I need to have a window near me. I enjoy staring out and losing myself, clear my mind by staring and losing focus until a thought or idea comes to mind. I also always have Orbit chewing gum and a bottle of water on my desk.


Have you done lots of research for your books or do the stories just come to you? They just sort of ‘pop’ in and out of my mind. I do research when it’s needed though.


Just for fun:
Hardback or Paperback? I prefer ebooks these days. But before that I loved me a hardback
Dog ears or Bookmarks? Bookmarks
YA novels or Adult novels? Both. I love both adult novels and YA. Only difference is with YA I can imagine a bit more…
Library or Bookstore? Bookstore (they usually have yummy goodies)
Reading glasses or No glasses? No glasses, yet!
Snack while reading or No snacks? No snacks
Beach or Mountain? Both! I love fun in the sun. But a hike up a mountain is so invigorating
J
Vampire or Werewolf? A werepire (or vampwolf)- lol- I have the most dreamiest of dreams of crossbreeds. I blame it on Underworld.
Hot or Flirty? Flirtatiously hot!
Movie 1st or Book 1st? Always book.
Contemporary or Historical? Contemporary.
Page-Turner or Tear Jerker? Page turner.
 

Wunder isn’t your average girl, in fact, she isn’t even an average human. In a world once ravaged by Zombies, she was born amidst the chaos.
Where can a girl like her find the man of her delicious dreams? She has an idea and it leads her to the hottest new club in town, where she finds what’s been missing in her life.
Pete has his own secrets to tell, and when they come together, another story unfolds while the sparks fly.



My name is A.R. Well, actually it's Ava to my friends.
I 'm a 39 year old mother of two entertaining teen boys (as well as a lovely fawn Chihuahua, whom I consider my furry daughter) I'm a wife to a delightfully handsome and amazingly funny man- beast.
I'm an avid reader of many genres which include (but are not limited to) erotica, paranormal, ménage, fantasy, YA, historical and some western (have to love a hot cowboy or two here and there).
I also love to exercise, listen to music, hike, cook and write (titbits, nothing published until now)
I love to dance and write reviews for the books I love.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ava, great interview... loved your book. glad to see you around.

Unknown said...

Hiya M.A.
Thank you for for stopping by, for your amazing support and for your kind words :)
You're AWESOME!!!
<3

Unknown said...

Danielle...
I wuvs you!
Thank you so much for the interview and your support. You were/are a major part of my life and I would not have finished up this piece of Wunder without YOU <3
((hugs))

Unknown said...

Great interview, Ava! Can't wait to read the book

Unknown said...

Thank you Iris!!! YAY!!!
:)

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs