Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Review: "Queen of Shadows" by Dianne Sylvan

Queen of Shadows (A Novel of the Shadow World)"Queen of Shadows"  
by Dianne Sylvan
Author's Website: http://www.diannesylvan.com
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 389
ISBN: 9780441019250
Published: August 2010 by Ace

Goodreads Blurb:
Meet Miranda Grey-music and magic are in her blood. Overwhelmed by her uncanny ability to manipulate people's emotions through her music, Miranda Grey comes to the attention of vampire lord David Solomon. Believing he can help bring her magic under control, David discovers that Miranda's powers may affect the vampire world too...

Darcy's Review:
While I thought this book looked intriguing I mostly picked it up because I needed a book that began with the letter "Q" for a challenge. So I was very surprised when the book was so good it seemed like I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

At the beginning of the book Miranda seems very lost and you just want to find a way to invite her to your house to protect her. Then while going home one night she encounters 3 guys and horrible things happen to her, but in the aftermath of this horrible event Miranda finds a place where she belongs, a place where she can grow stronger, a place where she feels safe, and a place where her eyes are forced wide open to things she didn't think are possible.

Part of the fun of this book is watching David and Miranda circle around each other, neither one of them not sure what to do about their feelings for the other. The other fun of this book was the world that is built, one that has violence at it's core, yet an odd geeky vibe with all the technology that if it was possible would be cool to have.

I think this book was a great introduction to this world and this series, I can't wait for the next one!



This review was written by my friend Darcy at Goodreads.
4 Big
 Any money I receive from your purchases through Amazon or Book Depository are used to fund giveaways. I do not blog for money.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review! this does sound like an intriguing book! I'll def keep it in mind =D

Mariya said...

yah! you have finally read this book! I loved Queen of Shadows and cannot wait for ShadowFlame =D

Carol L. said...

Thanks for a great review. It's now on my TRL. Thanks so much and now I have another series to read. :)
Carol L
Lucky4750@aol.com

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs