Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: "The Winter Sea" by Susanna Kearsley

The Winter Sea"The Winter Sea"
by: Susanna Kearsley

Genre: Historical Fiction
Pages: 576
ISBN: 9781402241376
Published: December 2010, Sourcebooks, Inc.
Author's Website: http://www.susannakearsley.com/index.html
Source:  Sourcebooks, Inc. in exchange for a honest review

Goodreads Blurb: 
Carrie McClelland came to Scotland to research her next book. Renting a cottage in the same town where her story takes place, Carrie embarks not only on her novel, but on a romance with her landlord's handsome son, Graham Keith. When the boundary between past and present begins to blur, Carrie finds herself channeling memories not her own. Pulled deeper and deeper into the memories of the past, Carrie realizes these visions are more than the means to another bestselling novel, but also a way to right the wrongs of the past and create a future with the man whose love is her destiny.
"A deeply engaging romance and a compelling historical novel...Susanna Kearsley has written a marvellous book."
-Bernard Cornwell

My Review:
  Good Historical Fiction Novel for history lovers. I love Scotland and I learned a lot reading this book. I loved the characters in this book and it was almost like reading two stories in one. Carrie is a author who is driven by the memories of an ancestor to write a novel. Carrie is a establised author and is best friends with her publisher and ends up with two brothers after here. Then there is Sophia, her ancestor, that actually experienced everything.

 This book has very light romance and I'm more into romance than history. Hence my rating. It started off very good and I was flying through the pages then further I got into it I became bored with the plot and sorry to say but found it hard to finish. The book was well written with vivid descriptions, I just don't think this book was for me.   I would recommend this book to Historical Fiction fans but not for hard core romance fans.
 

3 1/2 Big



All the money I receive from you purchases from Amazon or Book Depository is used to fund giveaways on this blog. I do not blog for money.

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Not always that romantic, but then it is not HR so I can live with that..still wanted more Graham :)

BLHmistress said...

I haven't read a Historical Fiction ages , might need to add that to my resolutions - to read other genres.

Hope you have a Happy New Year :)

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs