Thursday, August 23, 2012

Interview: "Taste Eternity" by Candi Delshamagus

I have Candi Delshamagus on my blog today for a interview and spotlight. So lets give her a warm welcome to Romance Book Junkies.

I know you get asked this question over and over but can you tell us a little about yourself? Maybe something juicy. ;)
I’m kind of an enigma, even to myself sometimes. I believe in most things paranormal, yet I question them all. I practice a little “hedge-witchery”, and healing by touch. I’m positive I’ve lived several lives, though none of note. I’m a great lover of food, especially salty and sour flavours. I love smooth and silky things. My favorite fabric to wear is satin, but I’d rather be naked. If I hadn’t learned to be so self-conscious of my body, I’d likely be a nudist.

When did you first start writing? Are you a full time author or do you do it on the side?
I started writing when I was a teenager, really. Poetry was where most of my conflicted emotion found an outlet. When I was in my twenties I developed a love for short stories.
At this point, I’m still a part time author.

Do you have an author that has really inspired you?
In Erotica, definitely Rue Volley. I love her characters. Even the supernatural ones are earthy and real. They are fallible, vulnerable, funny and strong. The reader gets the impression that they could easily bump into one of them in a coffee shop or a club, and that just adds to their appeal.

How long does it normally take you to write an average book or your last book?
“Taste Eternity” is my first book, and it’s really more of a novelette. It was a month in the writing, but the revisions take longer than the writing.

What do you think makes a story great?
A broad spectrum of emotion can make the difference between a good story and a great one, I think. I understand the need to create an atmosphere consistent through a story, but I think it’s important to have humor mixed into the drama, and moments of joy in the sadness. People rarely hold one continuous emotion for days at a time. It makes sense that a great story wouldn’t either.

Can you describe your book "Taste Eternity" in one sentence?
Two ancient souls find the key to their destiny in carnal pleasure.

Tell us a little about “Taste Eternity”.
Taste Eternity is a story of the first fallen angel and, more so, the woman who caused his fall. After millenia, and several lives, they finally have a chance to redeem their souls, or condemn them, for eternity.

Have you done lots of research for your books or do the stories just come to you?
The stories really just come to me, based on what I already know. I do research a lot too, though. My knowledge base for this story was gained nearly a decade ago, so I needed to double-check a lot of details.

What are you currently working on?
Taste Eternity Two: To Hell and Back. I have sketchy plans for several related stories. I’m also contemplating a more ethereal erotica, based on more obscure mythology.

Can you tell us about some of your prior achievements?
There’s not much to tell, really. I’ve been keeping my writing hidden most of my life. Sharing my writing is a bit like standing naked in the middle of Times Square. I’m exposing myself in a very intimate way. I suppose finally gathering the courage to submit could count.


Is there anything that I didn't cover that you would like to talk about or say to your potential readers?
Oh yes! Please contact me on Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads, if you’ve read my story, and let me know what you think! I love to hear from readers. If you have time to post a review on Amazon, or Goodreads, I’d be so grateful!

Just for fun:
Hardback or Paperback?  Paperback. I like to take my reading everywhere I go.
Dog ears or Bookmarks?  Eeek!  Bookmarks. Dog ears make me crazy.
YA novels or Adult novels?  Both. I read more adult literature, but a well-written YA is a nice break.
Library or Bookstore?  Used Bookstore. I love the really old treasures you can find in a used bookstore, usually for pennies.
Reading glasses or No glasses?  No glasses … yet.
Snack while reading or No snacks? Snacks. Fruit or cheese and crackers.
Beach or Mountain?  Beach
Vampire or Werewolf? Werewolf
Hot or Flirty? Funny enough, flirty.
Movie 1st or Book 1st? Movie first. The movie never lives up to the book.
Contemporary or Historical? I lean toward historical.
Page-Turner or Tear Jerker? Page turner, absolutely!

 
Darcy Adams is about to discover that her sex life is far more complicated than she imagined after a drunken orgy with her husband, and his friends. When Darcy's husband arranges for her to participate in a foursome, with a couple he knows to be swingers, she discovers a sexual appetite she couldn’t imagine she possessed. The aftermath could send her straight to Hell. Her destiny has been waiting centuries for this. Heaven, and Hell, are waiting for her to decide how she'll Taste Eternity.

 
Candi Delshamagus has been writing most of her life, but never really shared her work until now. Her debut publication in erotica marks the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. She believes in "everything and nothing", and lives "everywhere and nowhere, but mostly in my head." Always open to new experiences and adventures, Candi is a true gypsy at heart. She loves books, music, dancing, dreaming and writing.


"I can give you forever."
It was barely a whisper in her ear. Like the lightest brush of a calloused fingertip on the curve of her breast, it made her gasp and close her eyes.  Her chin lifted, against her will, exposing a smooth, white throat.
"True to its name. Another?"
She snapped back to reality. The techno-music assaulted her mind suddenly, too loud for clear thought. The hoarse shout of the bartender was violent, after the deep, smoke-and-wine voice of a moment ago. He was staring at her, amusement playing around his lips as he leaned on the bar, dangling an empty shooter glass in front of her eyes, like a cheap sideshow hypnotist with a pocket watch.
"Can I get you another orgasm?"
She stared back, confused. So many thoughts swarmed at once. Why was he concentrating on her, of the twenty or more customers at the bar? When had she become so desperate that a whisper could damn near make her cum? Could she have another shot without tripping into sloppy drunk? Why was the music so loud, with the club only half-full? How the hell had she heard the whisper, when she could barely hear the shouting bartender?
That last one was the most disturbing. Disturbing enough that she nodded and passed the bartender a twenty. He put another full glass on the counter. He'd poured it before he asked.
Pretty cocky, she thought, but she slammed the shot back anyway. Just to screw with him a little, she made a point of licking the inner bottom of the glass before she put it down, grabbed all of the change and walked away from the bar.
"Forever."
This time the whisper was a hot breath on her bare shoulder. She resisted the urge to flick it away like a persistent mosquito. As seductive as the voice was, and as tempting as the offer would have been in years past, the woman who had been Darcy Adams couldn't care less about forever. All she wanted was tonight.


1 comments:

Midnyte Reader said...

Love at the start of the interview "I believe in all things paranormal yet I question them all." I question everything too, yet I want to believe.

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs