Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: "Call of the Wilds"

"Call of the Wilds" by Gale Stanley
Published: June 18, 2010
Pages: ebook

Rating: 5 stars


Goodreads Blurb:
Veterinarian, Karin Stone, escapes the crime-ridden city for a quiet life in the Pennsylvania Wilds. Surrounded by acres of unspoiled forest she tends a pack of relocated wolves. But the wolves aren't the only endangered species in Black Wolf Gorge. Wolf-shifter, Malcolm Connor, believes he's the last of his kind, left for dead by the same hunters who murdered his family. When he catches the scent of the new wildlife manager, he can't deny the attraction but he knows getting involved with a human woman will only lead to heartache. The mutilated remains of a hiker are discovered and a black wolf is captured. Karin protects the quarantined wolf and the locals are angry. When Malcolm steps in to defend her, sparks fly. Karin loses her heart but can she convince the man she loves that they belong together. Or will a jealous rival tear them apart forever? **A Siren Erotic Romance 


My Review:
The author did a great job writing this story. It was a page turner that kept me up late at night. The story flowed beautifully. It felt believable and made me feel like I lived the story. I felt all of the characters' emotions including fear, joy, anger, frustration, passion not to mention how smoking hot it was. I have to warn you that I cried so have your tissues ready.  This was a new author for me and I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved this book! The story is about a woman named Karin who moved to a small town in the country after being assaulted in the city were she used to live. She is a veterinarian working for the wildlife department and they have found a hiker that appears to be killed by a wolf. In the small town she is not respected because she's a woman yet she's tough and always keeps her head held up high, even if aggressive town members bring back memories of being assaulted in a dark alley. During a town meeting, to discuss the fate of a wolf, one man gets out of hand and Malcolm jumps in to protect Karin even before they meet.  Malcolm is a quiet man that doesn't normally get involved in town business but the wolf attack hits close to home. He is the only one left of his kind. His mate and family were murdered by humans because his sister fell in love with a human and told him their secret which got out after they got divorced. He suffers from guilt of being the only survivor and because he was unable to save his family even though he was severely injured. He has been deeply scared emotionally and physically.  For Karin and Malcolm its almost love at first sight. Malcolm feels instantly protective of her. Their relationship is extremely hot and intense. Of course they have a few road blocks along the way but you never question their chemistry. The only thing throughout the whole book that didn't feel natural to me was that Karin admits to herself that she's in love a little to soon in their relationship.  This book is definitely for those who love a good paranormal romance with a little erotica and mystery. I highly recommend this book. This book gets 5 stars for me. I do feel like I should mention that I am a big cover person and I love a good cover. Having said that, I didn't feel like the cover of this book gave the book justice. Please don't be swayed by the cover of this book. It is a must read.



*I received the copy of this book for review from the publisher or author via The Romance Reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs