Thursday, September 2, 2010

Do you judge a book by the cover?

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Thought of a Book Junky. I am a huge fan of beautiful covers myself and I have been known to judge lots of books by the cover. So the cover I'm going to feature today is:

 Released: September 7, 2010

Goodreads Blurb:
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

What do you think? What's your fantastic cover of the week?


 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally judge a book by its cover. A poorly executed design makes me wonder if the book also includes poor content and editing. Hand drawn pics make me wonder if the author is self pubbed and unable to get published anywhere. An eye catching, tastefully and professionally done cover is the first thing to draw me, but then it's the blurb that decides if I'll buy it. But without that awesome cover I'd never even bother to look.
My cover of the week is mine of course LOL. Lucifer's Daughter has an eye catching, sexy cover that I just love. Of course the abs on my blue aliens are lovely too but for different reasons

Jeremy said...

Yes, Eve does have fantastic covers. I also like Lucifer's Daughter. What I love about most of Eve's covers is two things. One their sexy and two they don't show the faces of the characters so you still get to imagine what they look like.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

What a gorgeous cover!! I am totally a sucker for a great cover!! I'm not sure if that's really judging it, but I will definitely pick up a book if i love the cover!

Clara Hanoux said...

That is a GORGEOUS cover!

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs