Friday, September 10, 2010

Review: "And One Last Thing..."

Author: Molly Harper
Genre: Chick -Lit, Contemporary Romance
Pages: 310
ISBN: 9781439168776
Source: Received from author in exchange for honest review.
Author's website: www.mollyharper.com

Rating:
SS: 4 Stars Pictures, Images and Photos

Goodreads Blurb:
"If Singletree’s only florist didn’t deliver her posies half-drunk, I might still be married to that floor-licking, scum-sucking, receptionist-nailing hack-accountant, Mike Terwilliger." Lacey Terwilliger’s shock and humiliation over her husband’s philandering prompt her to add some bonus material to Mike’s company newsletter: stunning Technicolor descriptions of the special brand of "administrative support" his receptionist gives him. The detailed mass e-mail to Mike’s family, friends, and clients blows up in her face, and before one can say "instant urban legend," Lacey has become the pariah of her small Kentucky town, a media punch line, and the defendant in Mike’s defamation lawsuit.
Her seemingly perfect life up in flames, Lacey retreats to her family’s lakeside cabin, only to encounter an aggravating neighbor named Monroe. A hunky crime novelist with a low tolerance for drama, Monroe is not thrilled about a newly divorced woman moving in next door. But with time, beer, and a screen door to the nose, a cautious friendship develops into something infinitely more satisfying.
Lacey has to make a decision about her long-term living arrangements, though. Should she take a job writing caustic divorce newsletters for paying clients, or move on with her own life, pursuing more literary aspirations? Can she find happiness with a man who tells her what he thinks and not what she wants to hear? And will she ever be able to resist saying one . . . last . . . thing?

My Review:
The author does a great job writing Lacey's story of humiliation and revenge with just enough humor to keep you laughing during a otherwise sad situation. Lacey is a housewife that finds out her husband is cheating and she gets the ultimate revenge by humiliating him in front of everyone he knows. I don't normally like reading about cheating husbands but Lacey made me proud. I absolutely loved her character. She has a talent with words and writes a histericle newsletter about her cheating husband. Her newsletter ends up getting the attention of the media and the whole town. So, Lacey decides to move into her lake cabin to hide out for awhile while everything settles down. She has no idea that she's going to have a hunk for a neighbor and he is going to catch her in some really funny situations.

This book was really well written. I didn't feel rushed or bored. It was very entertaining. I felt like the ending was unexpected but realistic. This book will keep you laughing so if your in the mood for a light, funny read this book will be perfect. I'm usually not a fan of chick-lit or contemporary romance but I enjoyed this book. If you are a fan of chick-lit or contemporary romance, I highly recommend this book for you.
 

5 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

That cover is gorgeous. It popped for me as I was scrolling through my feed. I had to come over and check out the review. This is right up my alley

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Saw you at my blog, so I hopped on over to say hi.

Hi! ;)

Jinky said...

I've got to put this on my tbr list. --Anyway, congratulations!! Please accept the award waiting for you in my blog ...Jinky is reading

Trina said...

Returning the Hop! Enjoy your weekend!

Chrissie said...

This sounds like a good, fun read. I love the idea of writing a newsletter about a cheating husband! I'll be adding this to my TBR list :)

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs