Thursday, September 23, 2010

Do you judge a book by the cover?


The book cover I picked this week to feature in this weekly event is "The Winter Sea" by Susann Kearsley.

Goodreads Blurb:
In 2008 Carrie McClelland can't hit the right note for her next novel but an unplanned detour, and a stop at the castle that inspired Count Dracula, sets her on a different path; a path that took her back in back exactly 300 years, to that same castle, and to a rebellion doomed to failure. Alternating between the contemporary setting and the past, The Winter Sea takes us at every turn into little known worlds; historical footnotes writ large, a history of Scotland and the Jacobite rebellion of 1708 and the possibility of genetic memory. Historical fiction at it's best and Susanna Kearsley at hers, The Winter Sea evokes the writing of Thomas Raddall, Daphne Du Maurier, and Mary Stewart. You can read more about this book here.

My thoughts:
I really like this cover. It looks old and mystical and I love the color of her hair. Since I first saw this cover I've been waiting impatiently to read it. What do you think? Does this book say read me to you?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I think this book screams read me. I too have judged a book by it's cover and sometimes I've even been pleasently surprised.

justpeachy36 said...

I like the cover on this one... very mysterious and interesting.

You should add a feedburner e-mail link. I love your blog, but don't visit as often as I could because I can't keep track by e-mail. Just a suggestion LOL...

Judy said...

I am a cover person!! I read my regular authors, but when I go to the bookstore, I look for covers that call out to me. This one definitely calls out to me.

Judy
magnolias_1@msn.com

Ragan said...

I will totally pick a book for its cover. And most of the time I don't end up disappointed.

It is really sad though when the cover is the best part of the book.

Or when the cover is the worst part... then I just feel sad for a whole other reason.

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

Gorgeous cover!

Emily said...

I would definitely read that book just based on the cover. It's so beautiful! And the blurb on the back doesn't sound bad either. Mayb eI should check this out.

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs