Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review: "Last Dragon Standing"

Author: G.A. Aiken
Series: Dragon Kin #4
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 468
ISBN: 9781420108880

Goodreads Blurb:
I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid!
Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees.


Darcy's Review:
I just love this series, part of the appeal is the crazy antics of the dragon family, the way the all love each other, but still fight, call names, and their actions and thought patterns are like jumping beans on speed. It really takes a lot to follow some of the things that happen as the action and conversations turn on a dime, but since this seems to be the way that I think I have no problems keeping up.

In a way I hadn't been looking forward to this book as Keita is my least favorite, she has always seemed like a spoiled, vain, vapid brat. As the book started out it seemed like my thoughts were valid ones, but I was glad to learn that Keita isn't what she seems. I did like Ragnar, although he seemed liked more of an after thought in this book. There was so much going on with the larger story arc that the story of Keita and Ragnar was a back burner.

But with that said, I did love the larger story arc, it left enough for all of the past characters to shine and be who we learned to love in the earlier books. I loved that Izzy was back and still had issues with Eibhear and that maybe, just maybe his is starting to realize what the rest of us know.

I can't wait for the next book for some resolutions with a bunch of the story lines!!

Rating: 
SS: 4 Stars Pictures, Images and Photos

This review was written by Darcy at Goodreads 

4 comments:

Michelle Greathouse said...

I am really behind in the series - having only read the first book. :)

Great review.

M

Darcy said...

The books in this series do get better as they go on.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

you gotta love a dragon story!! great review!

Darcy said...

Thanks Carrie!! These dragons are so much fun to read about, the crazy is what makes them fun.

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs