Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Spooktacular Day 11



Fun Halloween Interview


Hi Folks, my name is Laurie Blanchard. I’ve been blogging book reviews specializing on Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance for almost a year  over at www.dangerousromance.com. I was asked by Danielle from Romance Book Junkies, to write to you about my experiences and thoughts on Halloween, which is super fun! So thanks to Danielle, and happy Halloween everyone!

  1. What is your favorite part of Halloween? I love the fall colors, the last gasp of the season before the winds and storms strip the leaves off the trees and blow the corn husks down. I love watching the children get dressed up, planning their costumes and just experiencing the wonderful of being able to act out their fantasies dressing as pirates etc. As an Adult, I enjoy the Art of Day of the Dead, something that is hugely popular in the Southwest.

  1. Even though you are now an adult do you still dress up? Rarely, but I LOVE watching others out dressed up. My husband and I usually go out to art shows on the Saturday Night nearest Halloween, and then have dinner and watch everyone walking around down in midtown, all dressed up.

  1.  What is your favorite Halloween outfit? Ah…My favorite Halloween that I dressed up was back in the 1990’s. I sang in a Pop Band, called Her Six Daughters. We played a gig to a packed house at a bar called the Zephyr in Reno. Let me tell you, Reno can party. Our entire band came up with this crazy vision of dressing like members of a high school marching band and cheerleaders who were zombies. We all had matching outfits and did the zombie makeup, it was so much fun. That was one of the funniest gigs I ever had. My husband’s band played after mine and he was dressed like a Cowboy Devil.

  1. What’s your favorite Halloween Candy? Ohh….tough question. I like Hershey’s kisses a lot. When the boys were little (I raised three stepsons from a very young age (2,3, and 11), Mike and I would go through their candy bags after trick or treating to make sure everything was safe, then after they’d go to bed we’d go through it again, and you know….save their teeth from cavities, by eating up our favorite candies out of their bags. Purely looking out for their best interests of course. (:

  1. Do you enjoy being scared such as participating in haunted trails or mazes? LOVE IT! Two years ago I spent a week with one of my best friends from high school, Blake who lives in Manhattan and also has an amazing home in the Hudson Valley. She and I went to one of those haunted Farms. IT was on  a level you only seem to see on the East Coast, completely amazingly professional. They had a team of actors and workers of over 100 people. It was a haunted experience spread out through 5 different houses and a cornfield, on 20 acres, you road from one house to another on the back of a tractor pulled flatbed. It was amazing. There was one house where a guy chased the two of us through the house with a chain saw (no blade) and wouldn’t leave us alone. He ended up chasing us out into the cornfield which was even more terrifying as this whole thing happened at 10:00 at night on a full moon. So scary and fun!

  1. If you could recommend a book that you feel would be great to read for Halloween which would you recommend? Wow, this is rough to narrow it down.  There are so many great UF/PNR books out there but focusing on Halloween I’d almost have to recommend going back to the classics.. Dracula. Frankenstein. Ann Rice, Interview with a Vampire, and Vampire LeStat.
My twitter is dangerromance
Facebook is "Dangerous Romance" or
 
 
I'm on facebook personally for my book blogging pals at:
 
My band has a fan page (still under our old band name since Facebook in its infinite wisdom will not allow you to change the name of a band fan page once you have started on...
at facebook under: Mike Blanchard and the Whispering Chingaderos
 
 
 

14 comments:

Carol L. said...

A Pop singer, that's awesome. And your Montana Haunted house experience would have me running, home lol. But who doesn't love candy. I too love to watch every ones creativeness come out during Halloween. Happy Halloween.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

LorettaLynn//Temprance said...

I enjoyed the post alot:) thank you for sharing with us.
elliott2668(at)yahoo(dot)com

miki said...

i enjoyed reading you experience
happy halloween

isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

This year my son goes trick or treating for the first time. Mostly because his grandparents are pushing me to take him since his doesn't have enough teeth to even try eating the candy. So I will also save him from frustration and cavities by eating it myself.
phaedracamille@gmail.com

L. Blanchard said...

Hi Folks, Laurie here. Thanks so much for commenting!
Carol, the Haunted house experience was amazing. It was like a Halloween Disneyland. We were there for hours. There were so many cute teenage couples and each house was completely decorated and haunted in a different way. I guess nobody lives in them during the year because they all seemed empty except for the added halloween stuff.
Temperance and miki, thanks for commenting.
Kains, how exciting that your son is going out this year for the first time! But yes, I agree...it sounds like you are going to get a lot of candy this year!(:

Vivien said...

Fabulous post! I wish I had that much fun :)

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I liked #4 on your post. I think my parents did the same thing, for the same reason "our safety". We learned to sleep with our pillow cases of candy.

acm05@juno.com

Ollie said...

I LOVED the photo! The zombie band members looked so cool!

redfirewood888(AT)yahoo(DOT)ca

Ollie aka DarkBloodyVamp

Amy said...

Thanks for the sharing the photo! Bands are awesome :)

angeldream3[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Texas Book Lover said...

Great pics. Zombie greatness!

mmafsmith at gmail dot com

L. Blanchard said...

Dear Vivianne, you know usually I feel a little let down at Halloween anymore, I cannot get my husband to dress up. We're invited to a close friends halloween costume party and he's despretely trying to wiggle off that hook. HA. one year (I should have listed this as my most embarrassing halloween moment) he told me his friends invited us to go to a halloween party at a friends of there and we didn't need to dress up. We showed up and we WERE ASKED TO LEAVE! Since we weren't in costume! I was so mad he had to take me to an expensive dinner to make up for the humiliaition!
Dear Anne, I really cracked up laughing at your description of sleeping on top of your candy to keep your parents from stealing it. My parents were so bad, they took my candy away and doled it out ONE PIECE A DAY! By March the candy was so hard it wasn't worth eating and got thrown out.
DearOllie, thanks so much for the kind comments regarding the band photo. It was such a fun night. And this was about 15 years before the zomebie popularity we're riding in today.
Dear Amy, thank you so much for commenting on the band picture, it was the funnest time of my life really. All the fun of total irresponsibility, while at the same time being mature enough to be responsible enough to not do anything to irressponsible. I know that sounds like a catch 22 but it worked. I sang in the band for about 6 years.
Dear Maria, thanks for the lovely comment, I'm so glad you liked the pics.
You guys have all been so lovely, I'm going to ask Danielle if I can have her pick a winner and I'll mail out some ARC's I received.

Mary @SweepingMe said...

Awesome!

Mary

Rachel said...

Aw, sometimes I really, really wish we celebrated Halloween In Australia--it looks like soooo much fun!

rachybee101@live.com.au

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, the contents present at this web page are in fact
awesome for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.


Review my web site; puppies respond greater

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs