Fun Halloween Interview
Hi Folks, my name is Laurie Blanchard. I’ve been blogging book reviews specializing on Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance for almost a year over at www.dangerousromance.com. I was asked by Danielle from Romance Book Junkies, to write to you about my experiences and thoughts on Halloween, which is super fun! So thanks to Danielle, and happy Halloween everyone!
- What is your favorite part of Halloween? I love the fall colors, the last gasp of the season before the winds and storms strip the leaves off the trees and blow the corn husks down. I love watching the children get dressed up, planning their costumes and just experiencing the wonderful of being able to act out their fantasies dressing as pirates etc. As an Adult, I enjoy the Art of Day of the Dead, something that is hugely popular in the Southwest.
- Even though you are now an adult do you still dress up? Rarely, but I LOVE watching others out dressed up. My husband and I usually go out to art shows on the Saturday Night nearest Halloween, and then have dinner and watch everyone walking around down in midtown, all dressed up.
- What is your favorite Halloween outfit? Ah…My favorite Halloween that I dressed up was back in the 1990’s. I sang in a Pop Band, called Her Six Daughters. We played a gig to a packed house at a bar called the Zephyr in Reno. Let me tell you, Reno can party. Our entire band came up with this crazy vision of dressing like members of a high school marching band and cheerleaders who were zombies. We all had matching outfits and did the zombie makeup, it was so much fun. That was one of the funniest gigs I ever had. My husband’s band played after mine and he was dressed like a Cowboy Devil.
- What’s your favorite Halloween Candy? Ohh….tough question. I like Hershey’s kisses a lot. When the boys were little (I raised three stepsons from a very young age (2,3, and 11), Mike and I would go through their candy bags after trick or treating to make sure everything was safe, then after they’d go to bed we’d go through it again, and you know….save their teeth from cavities, by eating up our favorite candies out of their bags. Purely looking out for their best interests of course. (:
- Do you enjoy being scared such as participating in haunted trails or mazes? LOVE IT! Two years ago I spent a week with one of my best friends from high school, Blake who lives in Manhattan and also has an amazing home in the Hudson Valley. She and I went to one of those haunted Farms. IT was on a level you only seem to see on the East Coast, completely amazingly professional. They had a team of actors and workers of over 100 people. It was a haunted experience spread out through 5 different houses and a cornfield, on 20 acres, you road from one house to another on the back of a tractor pulled flatbed. It was amazing. There was one house where a guy chased the two of us through the house with a chain saw (no blade) and wouldn’t leave us alone. He ended up chasing us out into the cornfield which was even more terrifying as this whole thing happened at 10:00 at night on a full moon. So scary and fun!
- If you could recommend a book that you feel would be great to read for Halloween which would you recommend? Wow, this is rough to narrow it down. There are so many great UF/PNR books out there but focusing on Halloween I’d almost have to recommend going back to the classics.. Dracula. Frankenstein. Ann Rice, Interview with a Vampire, and Vampire LeStat.
My website is www.dangerousromance.com
My twitter is dangerromance
Facebook is "Dangerous Romance" or
I'm on facebook personally for my book blogging pals at:
My band has a fan page (still under our old band name since Facebook in its infinite wisdom will not allow you to change the name of a band fan page once you have started on...
at facebook under: Mike Blanchard and the Whispering Chingaderos