Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Spooktacular Day 24

Hi,
 My name is Susan and I blog over at www.susankmann.com. I love Danielle's blog so I'm delighted to be here. Halloween is one of my favorite time of the year so I thought I'd write a poem based on it. Hope you like it.

Spooky ghosts, their eyes aglow,
Scary witches, their cackling high,
Bloodthirsty Vampires, fangs on show,
Decomposing Zombies, dripping dye.

Dark, stormy and misty night,
Pumpkin faces, carved and scary,
All alight by candle light,
The spiders webs stand out all hairy.

Trick or treaters, go door to door,
Doing their show to their neighbors,
With their bags, the treats to explore,
A night of fun and mischief.

A night when the veil between the living,
And between the dead is at it's thinnest,
What will step across in the dead of night,
Who knows what will be in sight.

So enjoy you All Hallows Eve night,
Be careful not to get a fright,
When things go,
Bump, bump, bump in the night.

8 comments:

Vivien said...

Fabulous poem!!

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

Na said...

This may be the first Halloween poem I've read and I really liked it. I will take a care for things that go bump in the night =D
Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

miki said...

really good, thanks for sharing it with us

isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

Susan Mann said...

Thank you Danielle for having me and glad you all liked it. x

Amy said...

That was a great Halloween poem! I can just picture the dark and stormy night.

angeldream3[AT]gmail[DOT]com

jfort357 said...

Hi Susan!! Thanks for sharing your awesome poem!!! I absolutely love Halloween!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Nice poem. Great of you to share it. I know from personal experience that it is sometimes difficult to share poetry because it is so personal.
phaedracamille@gmail.com

Texas Book Lover said...

Thanks for sharing your great Halloween poem!

mmafsmith at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs