Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Spooktacular Day 8

Fun Halloween Interview


Damaris here! I am part of the blog Good Choice Reading Reviews and I am happy to be here today. Thank you so much for having me!

  1. What is your favorite part of Halloween?

I am going to be completely honest, I never liked Halloween. Where I grew up Halloween was a very dangerous holiday. Eggs were thrown at your, Batteries off the roof…it just wasn’t nice at all. I grew up in the South Bronx of NYC. I used to beg my mother to let me stay home on Halloween. It wasn’t until I had my son, Ethan, that I started enjoying Halloween. We also moved to Southern NJ so that helped lol. My favorite part now is seeing my little boy in his costumes and running around with excitement with all the candy and little toys he gets. We recently had another little boy, so I am looking forward to Halloween even more!

  1. Even though you are now an adult do you still dress up?

I never dressed up in a costume before. I always wanted too, but like I said before, it really wasn’t worth it living in the Bronx. L I know sad right?


  1. What has been your favorite costume you’ve worn?

I recently attended Author After Dark in Philadelphia, PA and they had to balls, a Mythos ball and a steampunk ball. I dressed up as a Greek Goddess and that was my first time ever actually wearing a REAL costume. Everyone was looking at us all like we were nuts. Middle of August and we were all in costume lol. For my Steampunk costume, I just basically put some things together and just went with it LOL.


  1. What’s your favorite Halloween Candy?

MILKY WAY & BABY RUTH! OMG my mouth is watering right now just thinking about them. This year I am going to try my best to not HAVE ANY lol. I need to lose this baby weight. I can eat a whole entire bag, but this year I made a promise I am strictly buying candy I do not like LOL.

  1. Do you enjoy being scared such as participating in haunted trails or mazes?

I love being scared! I’ve never really been to any haunted trials or mazes, but I’ve heard about them and would love to try it one day. The closest I’ve ever come to being in a haunted house or something scary like Halloween, was the restaurant Jekyll & Hyde in New York City. Crazy restaurant! If you’re ever in NYC, make sure to visit it lol. You will have a blast! 

  1. If you could recommend a book that you feel would be great to read for Halloween which would you recommend?
Oh wow…I hate these questions lol. I’ve read way too many that I honestly cannot choose one. Hmm…off the top of my head…Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. Very gory details, action packed, and revolves around a dead girl. Great book! Lol























  1. Share with us your scariest, funniest or most embarrassing memory from Halloween.

Ha! I’ve never really had one, but I can share one with you that happened to my friend while we were trick or treating lol. Her son was three years old and my son was four at the time. We normally go trick or treating together in our neighborhood and have a really good time. Well her son was just learning to talk and we knock on the last house for the night and as we’re walking away her son turns around and yells “Thank you Bitch!” so loud everyone heard. She was so embarrassed and I couldn’t help but stand there laughing and in shock. I had no idea what to do or say to her. To me it was hilarious!

Thank you again! Love your blog!!! J

Twitter.com/GCReading
Facebook.com/GCReading
Goodchoicereading.tumblr.com
Thanks for participating. J

*Don't forget to stop by Book Lover's Hideaway (Hopefully a Halloween themed book such as scary, paranormal, urban fantasy etc.

13 comments:

miki said...

Great interview.
You are lovely in your costume ( we are never too old for that- believe me i went to roleplaying game convention in costumes too)

isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

Carol L. said...

Great interview. Out of the mouth of babes. lol
My grandson did almost the same thing. He was given a couple pieces of candy and looked at him Mom and asked her could she hold "this sh*t" while he opened his bag. He was 4 at the time.
Loved your Greek Goddess costume.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

Lexi said...

Nice Greek Goddess costume! Similar to the first costume I wore (a couple years ago), makes you realize how much fun it is to dress up doesn't it? =)

LorettaLynn//Temprance said...

Great post:)
I love everything about Halloweeen:)
I would dress up for it if i had someplace to go or if i lived in town,But i live in the middle of nowhere and yeah it wouldnt make to much sence..
I love all the scarie movies that are on!!
elliott2668(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

So sad that you were too scared to really want to do halloween as a kid. I always loved halloween. I LOVE dressing up. I go to gaming conventions and would dress up every time if I could. Love that you finally did for your authors convention. It's fun.
phaedracamille@gmail.com

Amy said...

My favorite part of the Halloween is the excuse to pig out on yummy candies and chocolate. I don't really dress up anymore, but I used to do that when I was younger. Now I just scare the children who come to my home for trick or treating by letting them hear my evil laugh before I open the door.

angeldream3[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Vivien said...

I had a lot of fun dressing up the the Red Queen last year. I'm thinking Marie Antoinette this year. Should be interesting.

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

i've never celebrated Halloween but your story about the batteries on the roof is just omg! Batteries? i don't get it. but you looked pretty in your costumes so have fun this year!

reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com

Na said...

Anna Dressed in Blood is on my want to read list. Even more so because it's close to Halloween. Halloween isn't a big deal in my house -it's just a normal day but I do like seeing people dressed up.

Cambonified (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anne said...

OMG! I loved Halloween as a child, I can't believe you didn't. My dad grew up in Brooklyn and never really mentioned Halloween, I'll have to ask him. But my mom grew up in the midwest and didn't talk about it either. Maybe it's a '50's and later thing.

acm05atjuno.com

Texas Book Lover said...

OMG! I think I would die! It sounds like something my hubby would of done as a child...or now for that matter!

mmafsmith at gmail dot com

Good Choice Reading said...

Hi everyone!

OMG I am so bummed I totally missed my day :-(

Thank you so much for the awesome comments.

Yes, I didn't grow up in a very nice neighborhood as a child :-(

I am happy where I am now. IN NO WHERE LAND NJ lol, but I do miss having access to the subway and buses everyday lol.

Thank you again Danielle for having me!!

Rachel said...

Haven't read it myself yet, but I think Anna Dressed In Blood would be the ultimate scary book to read for Halloween right now.

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs