Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Spooktacular Day 23

All-hallow-even
by
Karen Rose Smith

     Energy surrounds us all the time. But around Halloween, we're even more aware of it. Who hasn't heard something go bump in the night when there is no logical explanation for the noise? After a loved one passes, have you ever felt their presence? On an important occasion or maybe on a holiday? Love is energy that never leaves us and I think we go on feeling it throughout our lives. I have an antique chest that belonged to my mom. Every time I pass it, I remember my childhood and the house where I grew up. Every once in a while, it seems to give off a scent that can take me back there in my mind...and in my heart. When it does, it seems to be at those times when I need the touch of my mom's hand on my shoulder the most.
     I think energy, a sixth sense and intuition are all closely related. That's why it was easy for me to create a heroine who can find missing persons through their bonds with their loved ones. In NATHAN'S VOW, Nathan asks Gillian to assist him in finding his ex-wife and daughters. Although Gillian was recommended to him because of her success rate, he is skeptical at first.  But he soon learns she indeed has a gift. He also learns that love is the greatest gift of all.
     Halloween stirs up the pot of ideas beyond our usual realm.  Maybe that's why some of the images surrounding it are so macabre.  But "Halloween" means  "all-hallow-even." Maybe it's simply a night to celebrate everything we don't understand and everything we wish we did!





Karen Rose Smith is the best-selling, award-winning author of 75 published romances.  Readers can visit her website at http://www.karenrosesmith.com, follow her on Twitter @karenrosesmith and on Facebook (Karen Rose Smith author), and access her e-zine In Touch @ karenrosesmith-ezine.blogspot.com for new releases and contests.

10 comments:

miki said...

touching....really. i can understand what you mean and it's true that we shouldn't fear everything we can't explain


isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

KRS said...

H, everyone. It's great to be here. Feel free to comment and share. KRS

KRS said...

miki--Thanks for stopping by. I think if we fear less and explore a bit more, we might be happier.

Amy said...

Would love to read Nathan's Vow. It seems like a really touching story.

angeldream3[AT]gmail[DOT]com

KRS said...

Amy--If you do, I hope you like it. The heroine is an important character in many of the books in the series. Thanks for stopping by.

Vivien said...

This sounds like a great and lovable tale.

Vivien
deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

KRS said...

Vivien-It was an emotional one to write! But that's what I like to do.

Unknown said...

I think you are right. There is an energy in the air come fall.
phaedracamille@gmail.com

KRS said...

KainsHottie--The fall sun is brilliant, the sunsets are so vivid! It's a robust energy for sure.

Texas Book Lover said...

I think there is some kind of energy around us...no idea what it is. Angels, ghost...

mmafsmith at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs