Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: "Seduced in the Dark" by C.J. Roberts



"Seduced in the Dark"
Author: C.J. Roberts
Series: The Dark Duet #2
Genre: Erotic, BDSM
Pages: 512
Source: Purchased from Amazon
Published: August 31, 2012 by Neurotica Books
Author's Website: http://www.aboutcjroberts.com

Buy Links: Amazon

Goodreads Blurb:
BOOK TWO OF THE DARK DUET
The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Quote:
It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.





CJ is an amazing writer with an even more amazing imagination. Her writing is very vivid, emotional and gut clenching. Yes, I send gut clenching, not many books have worked my abs at all. Seduced in the Dark came close to giving me my six pack back REAL quick with all of the moments my tummy just instinctively tightened up from the intensity of many situations. I was surprised a bit with the direction CJ took from where Captive in the Dark left off. I ADORE surprises. The dark aspect of the story still held true, there’s even more sexual scenes, a ton more action and an even more extreme emotional ride. The ONLY reason I did not 5 star this baby is because of the start. I found myself confused a bit for the first couple of chapters, so I'm going with a 4 ½. But all was made to rights soon enough and from there… WOW! Just WOW!

Livvie has come and gone a VERY long way. She’s strong, determined and definitely in love. But being in the situation she’s currently in does not allow her to do anything about it. She’s confused, traumatized and now alone, but her determination keeps her going, fighting for what she knows is real. Yes, her darkness has shown, but so does her light. Sharing her light with the one she loves just might help to heal him. Persistence, humiliation and pain are just a few things Livvie endures throughout the story. I love how far she’s come and how much she’s grown. At the end of this book I have a new found respect for her and I find myself rather, proud to have gotten to know her through the series :)

Caleb, Caleb, oh Caleb. I've never known a soul to run as hot and cold as he does. But getting to know more about his past and him as a person brought me to understand much about him, how he ticks and many of the why’s for the reason(s) he is in the situation we find him in. He’s also grown in quite a respectable way, especially by the end. I feel as if I see him through new eyes and am so very glad he’s learned from Livvie. I've never seen him as a monster, never will. He’s just too damn hot and tends to give his all when it’s deserved.

Caleb and Livvie’s lives have changed much from the first book. They have each learned much from the other and have become stronger and better people from it. There's so much more I can say about this book, but I don't want to give anything away for all of you. Just be ready to go for one of the best reading rides ever! I'm sad that this is the last book (it being a duet and all), luckily I can reread it as many times as I‘d like to! Anyone who enjoys dark erotic, BDSM and/or just an all around amazing story will get lost in these pages in the most amazing way.



Overall Rating:

Sex Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs