Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: "The Trouble With Highlanders" by Mary Wine



"The Trouble With Highlanders"
Author: Mary Wine
Series: Highlander #5
Genre: Historical Romance
Pages: 320
ISBN: 9781402264740
Source: Publisher in exchange for a honest review.
Published: October 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Author's Website: http://www.marywine.com/website/

Buy Links: Amazon

Goodreads Blurb:
After a night of intense passion, beautiful heiress Daphne MacLeod left Norris Sutherland without so much as a backward glance. Norris, the son of a very powerful Earl, is used to getting what he wants — and right now, he wants Daphne back in his bed.

When Daphne is kidnapped by a rival clan leader who is intent on forcing her into marriage so that he can control her lands, Norris has a choice to make. Will he let go of the one woman he's ever desired for more than one night, or will he resolve himself to rescuing the woman who has captured his heart?

 
This was a very entertaining read for me that I enjoyed. I'm a big fan of highlander romance so this book definitely satisfied my craving for a good escape into the highlander world. This is the 5th book in the series but I didn't know this until I finished the book and it read great as a stand alone I didn't feel lost at all. 

Daphne has lost her brother and no one knows for sure he's even still alive so her lands get raided and everything is taken and she's practically starving but she has stood up to be the one to run the show while he's gone. Before all this happens though she is brothel ed to marry a man that is in love with someone else so she sleeps with Norris, a laird and heir to a earldom. But this all happens before the book starts its just back story which kind of upset me because I like to experience the before and during the first time the hero and heroine are together or meet. But this is my only complaint besides the first half of the book being a little slow. Anyways, Norris can't stop thinking about Daphne and decides he's going to check on her after he hears the news of them being raided. He sleeps with her again a few times and then decides she has to come home with him to make sure she's not with child because he secretly wants her for his own but she has no dowry so he can't marry her or his father wouldn't agree. 

The romantic development between Daphne and Norris is stressful because of their situations and because she's being treated very badly by her and his people yet he is very arrogant and doesn't even try to hide the fact that they are lovers. 

I would recommend this book to historical and highlander romance fans. It's really a great read and the second half kept me up late trying to finish and it did finish with a great outcome. So definitely read this book if you love men in kilts.  


Overall Rating:

Sex Rating:

1 comments:

Becky said...

This sounds like something that I would read. I will have to check out this series. Thanks for sharing this review with us.

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs