Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: "Untamed" by Sara Humphreys



"Untamed"
Author: Sara Humphreys
Series: The Amoveo Legend #3
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 300
ISBN: 9781402258497
Source: Publisher in exchange for a honest review.
Published: November 6, 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Author's Website: http://www.SaraHumphreys.com

Buy Links: Amazon

Goodreads Blurb:
The Amoveo are an ancient race who've lived secretly among humans for thousands of years. They are beautiful and incredibly strong but their race is extremely fragile--each has until the age of 30 to find their soul mate, before their bodies start to die a slow, painful death.
Layla Nickelsen has spent her life running from a mate she didn't choose, until William Fleury finally confronts her. Normally stoic and unemotional, William finds himself befuddled by Layla: his growing feelings for her and his driving need to protect her. And Layla has to admit that William might be everything she's always wanted after all...


I found out after I read this that it was the third book of a series. I had no clue! I’m a touch sad that I did not know so before hand and did not get to read the others. But I’m not that worried and plan to get the first to books soon. With that being said and you all knowing this is the first time I’ve read from the series. I LOVED IT! I was not lost; I loved the flow of the story, its originality, the excitement, sensuality and the fact that it has quite a few hot paranormal's in it (those Amoveo’s are really something special). Yes, that all did it for me. The writing was nice and smooth and the story line was very entertaining. Sara created a world in this book that any romance or paranormal reader will surely enjoy :)

Layla is a professional photographer that truly enjoys her job. She’s lived a hard life mainly during her younger years and has spent a great deal of her life running away from a mate that she’s not yet met nor did she choose. Life takes a turn for her when she goes back to her home. Whether she likes it or not, she has to deal with what fate has lined up for her.



William is a cold, calculated, controlled alpha male that is confused with the reactions of his new found mate. His kind yearns for their mate to come into their lives and is grateful of the day it happens for them. William sees this and will do whatever it takes to please his mate and make her his, forever.

I found William to do an extreme amount of growth throughout out the book. Opening his heart, eyes and mind to new things and just learning to relax. Layla on the other hand seemed to me to be stuck in her ways and unwilling to learn. Regardless of those aspects I love the way Layla and William balance one another. They go through a great deal throughout the story and are all ways there for support in each and every way that means the most.




Overall Rating:

Sex Rating:


3 comments:

Sara Humphreys said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review Untamed. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.
Best-
Sara

Unknown said...

It was a pleasure Sara :)

booklover0226 said...

I have eyed this series but haven't it, yet. I look forward in starting it.

I enjoyed the review, too.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Each of my followers mean the world to me and I would love to hear from each and every one of you.
:)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Estranged kit by Studio Flergs