Dude. That pumpkin is sick.
I’m not sure what it is about Halloween, but I love it. Absolutely. Completely. And by far it’s my favorite holiday. I grew up in Australia where we didn’t celebrate Halloween, but as a kid we still got bombarded with all the American references. It was one of those things I always wanted to experience myself as a kid. Like Disneyland J. Well, now I’ve gotten to experience both, although probably a few (okay a lot) of years late. Halloween can be spooky or scary. It can be fun and playful. Or it can be whimsical. I think I love that flexibility the most. To a kid, Halloween can be whatever you want it to be. It’s a time for imaginations to go wild, for sugar levels to soar and for super late bedtimes, usually with a tummy ache. It’s the stuff of memorable childhoods. I love being able to share that with my kids and experience it through their eyes. It’s just pure fun.
I also tend to like the odd and unusual and that’s just the way I love my pumpkins. It’s such an icon of Halloween and I adore looking at the really unique, clever and unexpected designs you see circulating this time of year. Some people are really creative and have way too much time on their hands, I think LOL.
So…Why I like Halloween:
· What’s not to love about a holiday that almost REQUIRES you to eat large amounts of candy?
· What other time of the year can you get away with wearing well…just about anything you wouldn’t be caught dead in any other time of year.
· Trick or treating! I always love the surprise on the faces of unsuspecting door openers when I hold out my bag LOL.
· My evil mwwwwahahahahaha laugh isn’t so unusual this time of year.
· Pumpkins. Duh. Hope you enjoy some of my favorites!
Why I hate Halloween, cause there’s always a flip side:
· See #1 above. Hello hips J.
· Oh crap. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Do I have enough time to drop the weight I put on during the week leading up to, and the week after, Halloween? No? That’s what I thought L. Downward slide from here, baby.
· Peeps. People don’t really eat those things, do they?
Kaily Hart, a seemingly straight-laced mother of four, left corporate America and a high-powered, lucrative career to be a stay at home mom. Right… That lasted about four weeks, during which time she realized she had a deeply repressed dream—to write. And (gasp) romance at that! Who knew? By day, Kaily plays conservative wife and soccer mom, but at night crafts hot and steamy tales of romance and love with gorgeous heroes who wouldn’t dream of leaving the toilet set up. Ever. She’s smart and sassy, at least in her own mind, and is creating as many happy ever afters as she can, one hot story at a time. Kaily never would have thought she’d be doing this, but now that she is? Well, you couldn’t pay her enough to do anything else.
You can find out more information about all Kaily’s books here and read more about her latest release, RISE OF HOPE here.
If anyone would want to contact me (which I would love by the way) or just keep up with what I’m doing, you can find me all over:
Web – www.kailyhart.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/kaily.hart
Twitter - http://twitter.com/kailyhart
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/kailyhart/
Kaily is giving away a ebook copy of any book off her backlist to one lucky commenter. Just leave a meaningful comment and your email in case your the winner.